Kindle Unlimited Reads: Chaos & Hype by Grein Murray

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Title: Chaos & Hype
Author: Grein Murray
Series: Dancer's Series #1
Publication Date: June 7th 2016
Find It Here: Goodreads & Amazon

Synopsis:
Hip hop dancer, Skylar, is excited about a new job he’s gotten for the summer at a theme park near his home. This is his chance to show his family that he can make money doing what he loves. Skylar wasn’t counting on falling for Ryan, the hot, Australian dancer that he is paired up with, but the pull is too strong for him to fight.
Ryan is set to go back home to Australia after the park closes at the end of the summer. He didn’t plan on falling in love with his gorgeous dancing partner, but his heart had other ideas. As he and Skylar get closer, their impending separation starts to affect the both of them. Will they do what it takes to be together?


My Rating:
2.5 out of 5 stars

My Review:
I had a really hard time getting into this one. I'm not sure what it was about it, but something about the way it was written pulled me out of the story. I felt like we were told about everything but not being "shown" anything, does that make sense? The writing felt choppy to me in the beginning but I felt like it got a bit better as the story went on. This was definitely a love at first sight type of romance which doesn't always work for me, but that's my own personal preference.

The story was written in an alternating persons perspective, but I didn't feel like we got to know Ryan as well as Skylar.  What I did learn about Ryan was that he seemed very innocent and smitten with Ryan right away, and that he was also a virgin when they were first together.  They didn't really make a big deal about it in the story tho. This story felt a bit rushed and like things were happening very quickly for the MCs and things just always seemed to work out in their favor, completely unbelievably at times.  This wasn't what I would call a bad story, it's just probably not one that I would recommend, I'm sorry to say.

Find It Here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground