New Releases: Body Rocks by A.M. Arthur

Monday, July 4, 2016

Title: Body Rocks
Author: A.M. Arthur
Genre: M/M Romance
Series: Off Beat, #1
Publisher: Swerve
Publishing Date: June 28, 2016
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:
Everything is finally falling into place for Trey Cooper: his band has been accepted into one of the biggest music competitions in the country…too bad their drummer just quit to play with XYZ, their biggest rival. When Trey has a mind-blowingly hot hookup with a mysterious violinist, Trey definitely plans to see him again – just not on stage as a member XYZ.


Dominic Bounds’ time to make his musical dreams come true is running out. If something doesn’t happen fast, he has to head home to find a real job. This competition is his last chance, and Dom needs to come out on top – but he never expected to fall for his rival. As Dom and Trey risk everything to begin a secret affair, there’s no denying their chemistry is off the charts – but could their band rivalry turn their romance into a one-hit wonder?

My Rating:
4 out of 5 stars

My Review: 
I’m going to start by stating that there is a lot of angsty drama in this novel. There are several characters in the book that have major baggage, including: physical, emotional, and sexual abuse in their pasts. None of this takes place in the present time in the story, but one character’s past abuse is discussed in a bit of detail, so be forewarned if any of these issues is a trigger for you. Normally I have a very hard time reading any book that has rape involved but I felt as if this one was handled well.

I ended up taking off one star because I felt as if there was just TOO much drama at times. There was always something going on and at times it just felt like too much.  There were a couple different moments in the story when I wanted to shake one of the MCs but at least we weren't left hanging long with the conflicts. I really enjoyed the band competition theme even tho it's one that I've read before.  It was still a lot of fun. Can't wait to read the next one!!

**  I received a copy of this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own. **

Find it Here:

2 comments:

  1. Angsty drama is not my thing! Tough issues, like abuse and rape, definitely not my type of read. And I find that I don't pick up too many M/M novels. But I'm going to be honest - I'd totally pick up this one, just for the cover alone. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed this book, Julie! =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I know what you mean! That cover sold me on the book before I even read the blurb. LOL! I'm usually not big on overly angsty drama either, especially when it involves rape. That's normally a sure fire way to get me to stop reading.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground