New Releases: Fast Connection by Megan Erickson

Monday, July 18, 2016

Title: Fast Connection
Author: Megan Erickson
Series: Cyberlove, #2
Genre: M/M Romance
Publication Date: July 11th 2016
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:
After a decade of serving in the Army, everyone still expects me to be Dominic 'Nicky' Costigan--the skirt-chasing player. They don't know I've been spending my days trying to figure out my post-military life. Including how to pick up guys.

When I meet Luke on a hookup app, he makes it clear it's for one-night only. That's fine with me, because I'm down to see what this silver fox can do. But after I arrive at his doorstep, it doesn't take long to realize we have serious chemistry, and we end up meeting again.

He's got more walls around his heart than a military base, but I think he's as addicted to me as I am to him. He can't resist me for long. I mean, who can? Except Luke's rules exist for a reason, and when I test his limits, things get complicated. Maybe too complicated.

My Rating:
5 out of 5 stars

My Review:
I went into this one not knowing if I was going to like this one and ended up loving it.  When we first meet Dominic in the first book, he's a bit of a jerk.  I went into this one fully expecting to hate him.  Imagine my surprise when I ended up loving him and this book even more than the first one in the series.  Megan Erickson is one of those authors on my auto-buy list.  I love everything she writes, and this one didn't disappoint.

Dominic still has a little bit of that cockiness from the first book and definitely still crack the jokes, but in this one we start to see a different side of him.  While on the outside he may appear cocky and sure of himself, on the inside he has no idea what he should be doing with his life and is worried about his family.  I loved his lighthearted personality and thought he was adorable.

Luke is 12 years older than Dominic and a lot more closed off than Dominic is.  He lives his personal life by a set of rules that keep him from getting close to anyone.  I wasn't sure how I felt about Luke at first because he wasn't the nicest to Dominic and it made me mad.  But as the book continued and he started to open up, I really liked him too.  He is fiercely protective of the ones he loves.

I loved that Megan Erickson included the couple from the first story in this one because it's always nice to see them again.  This book is the second in the series but can be read as a standalone.  Personally, I would say to read the first one in the series first so you get a feel for all of the characters in this one.  There are plenty of sizzling scenes and the Grindr chats had me smiling like a goof.  I would definitely recommend this one.

Find It Here:

4 comments:

  1. I love the name Dominic. <3 I love Megan Erickson's books but have not had a chance to read this series! Come to think of it, what was the last Erickson book I've read... Leveling the Field! I liked that one. :D

    Anyway! Five stars is awesome - I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed this book. Fantastic review, Julie! =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I read Leveling the Field too! It was really good. I love that whole series.

      Delete
  2. It's great when you pick up a book, unsure as to whether or not you're going to like it and end up loving it! Good to see your opinion of Dominic changed from the first book too! Great review!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I was definitely pleasantly surprised by this one.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground