New Releases: One Week to Score by Kate Meader

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Title: One Week To Score
Author: Kate Meader
Series: Tall, Dark, and Texan, #3
Genre: M/F Romance
Publisher: Entangled Brazen
Publication Date: July 11th 2016
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:
He’s the man she loves to hate . . .

Olivia Kane’s wedding day has just imploded spectacularly. Shots lined up at the bar? Bring it. Hot stranger on the hook? Come on down. What this party does not need is six feet and change of home-grown Texas cockiness in the form of her brother’s best friend, the man who broke her heart seven years ago.

She’s the woman he has to have . . .

Flynn Cross won’t stand by while Liv finds sensual solace in the arms of a stranger, not when his own hard-for-her body is more than up for the task. For one week, he’ll make her honeymoon-for-one a sizzling party for two.

Breaking the rules, one steamy night at a time . . .

But the taboo they’re breaking is only the beginning . . . and Flynn’s part in Liv’s wedding debacle could bring about their end.

My Rating:
3 out of 5 stars

My Review:
I normally absolutely love anything by Kate Meader but for some reason I didn't end up loving this as much as I thought I would. I really liked the brother's best friend aspect, but I didn't end up liking the characters personalities. This book was the third in the Tall, Dark, and Texan series and can be read as a stand alone. After reading other reviews, people said you get to see Olivia and Flynn in the second book, so maybe I missed a little more from them there and it may have made me enjoy this one more? It's possible! I actually just bought the second in the series to give it a try.

Olivia, or Livvie as Flynn liked to call her, had a nasty attitude ALL THE TIME. I like my snarky characters, don't get me wrong, but she was a bit overkill. I also felt like she was extremely childish a lot of the time.

I wanted to like Flynn because it's good to have someone to root for but in the end I didn't feel like he learned anything at all from his mistakes. He keeps a lot of secrets and makes Olivia's decisions for her and I don't care for that.

I did, however, think that Olivia and Flynn had explosive chemistry. Kate Meader definitely knows how to write hot sex scenes and the tension between the two of them was sizzling. I love a good dirty talking alpha type. Olivia was not the shy type at all either so she dished it back at him a few times, and I loved it.

Find It Here:

4 comments:

  1. Three stars is not bad! I liked this book a little more than you did, but I'm glad it was okay for you. I definitely see what you're saying about Olivia - Flynn saw her with rose-tinted glasses for sure. :/ My favorite book of this series was Even the Score!

    Wonderful review!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't love it or hate it, it was just kind of in between for me. I haven't read the other two in the series yet. I just picked up the second one recently so hopefully I will like that better.

      Delete
  2. I really loved that one! Sorry it wasn't completely for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, maybe it was just an off day for me. Normally I love Kate Meader. Oh well, on to the next one! =)

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground