Kindle Unlimited Reads: Stray Home by Edith Scott

Friday, August 5, 2016

Title: Stray Home
Author: Edith Scott
Genre: M/M Romance
Publisher: LoveLight Press
Publication Date: July 26th 2016
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon

Synopsis:
“It’s always been you … because you belong with me.”
When a stray Golden Retriever puppy steals the bacon right off his table, hunky army veteran turned carpenter Mike Sudbrock takes his new furry friend to the vet. The last thing he expects is for the doctor to be David Parker, his childhood friend and first love.

“All I know is, when we’re together, I know where I belong.”
David’s father forced him into the closet years ago, and now David’s a divorced dad to twin girls. But after an apartment fire leaves him homeless, Mike offers him a place to stay ... and it’s soon clear that the pull between them is as strong as ever.

“If I love him, that means I want what is best for him, not what is best for me.”
Overwhelming chemistry isn’t enough to make things easy; David is still caught between his family, his career, and his feelings for Mike. Is he destined to lose the best thing that ever happened to him -- again? Or will their shared "puppy love" blossom into something much more?

My Rating:
3 out of 5 stars

My review:
Anytime I see a romance with a puppy on the cover I know I have to read it. lol! This is the first book I've ever read by Edith Scott and there were parts that I really liked and some things that I didn't.

David is a vet who lets his dad rule his entire life, even at 29 years old. He's known since he was young that he was gay but his dad forbid him to have a relationship with his best friend Mike, because it would look bad for his reputation. I was hoping and hoping to see David take his stand against his dad but it never happened. I was a little disappointed in that. He DID make some changes in his life to get out from under his dad's thumb, however.

Mike is an army veteran turned carpenter that even after 10 years has still been holding a flame for David. When Mike finds a puppy outside of his house and takes them to the vet (who happens to be David) he is shocked, but quickly recovers. They start hanging out again and they still have the same chemistry they had before.

I was confused as to why David never gave him a real heartfelt apology for breaking his heart years before. It felt very skimmed over. I also had a hard time believing that Mike would still want to be with him when he pulls the same thing again. What really drove me nuts is that David never once fought for Mike this whole time. It came off feeling very one sided.

** I received a free copy of this title in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. **

Find It Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground