New Release Review: Random Acts of Marriage by Boone Brux

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Title: Random Acts of Marriage
Author: Boone Brux
Genre: M/F Romance
Publisher: Entangled
Publication Date: August 8th 2016
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:
A wedding. A playboy. And a week he’ll make sure she never forgets.

Kinni Corbet is the perfect bridesmaid. She’s efficient and has a to-do list for every occasion. When the bride-to-be adds “relax and have some fun” to Kinni’s schedule, Price Lyons seems to tick all the right boxes. He’s guaranteed fun, and it’s only for one week—what can it hurt?

Playboy hotel owner Price Lyons has wanted to break down Kinni’s walls for years. Her plan to relax for a whole week is the perfect opportunity to get to the one person he’s never been able to charm. And this time, she seems…receptive to his advances. Unexpected, but he’ll take it.

There’s just one problem. Kinni’s allergic to spontaneity, and the only thing predictable about Price is his unpredictably. There’s no way they’ll last beyond the week, and Kinni’s going to make sure of it…

My Rating:
4 out of 5 stars

My Review:
I went into this one unsure of if I was going to like it or not because I felt like I read a similar story before, but I ended up enjoying this one a lot.  This is the first Boone Brux book that I've read and I would definitely read more from her.  This is the second book of her "Wedding Favors" series but can be read as a standalone.  I really enjoyed the characters in this one so I want to go back and read the first one soon!

Kinni is an extremely OCD person who has trouble having fun.  She is often described as being way too serious.  He friend asks her as a favor to her to let lose and have some fun for a week, which is where Price comes in.

Price is a fun-loving ladies man.  He's been attracted to Kinni since he first saw her but she's always turned down his advances, and frankly, acted like she wasn't too fond of him.  When he overhears Kinni's friend asking her to let lose, he decides that he is the man for the job.  I thought he was so sweet to Kinni.  He was always trying to help her.

I liked how there was more to these characters than meets the eye.  Kinni sees his sports car and knows he owns a few motels and automatically assumes he comes from money.  He actually worked his way up to where he is on his own.  Price expects Kinni's parents to be just as serious as she is....and we'll just say he is also really surprised.

They had fun playful banter between the two of them and a ton of chemistry.  This was a super quick read but I didn't feel as if it was too rushed.

** I received an ARC of this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own. **


Find It Here:

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds really good Julie. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground