Release Day Review: The Best Friend Bargain by Robin Bielman

Monday, August 8, 2016

Title: The Best Friend Bargain
Author: Robin Bielman
Series: Kisses in the Sand, #3
Genre: M/F Romance
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Publication Date: August 8th 2016
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:
Olivia Lincoln has a plan guaranteed to get her life back on track. A plan that involves her best friend, Danny. And he’s on board, too…until she blurts out that they’re engaged and expecting a baby, and the news spreads like wildfire.

The problem? Danny doesn’t do marriage. Or family. And everyone knows it, including Olivia.
As irritated as he might be, protecting Olivia is what Danny does. But put best friends under one roof, add house rules begging to be broken, accidental nakedness, and pancakes in bed, and what started as a marriage between friends threatens to turn into the real deal…which would ruin everything.

My Rating:
2.5 out of 5 stars

My Review:
I didn't enjoy this one as much as I expected to. Normally I loved friends to lovers romances, but I couldn't get into this one. Judging by the ratings/reviews on Goodreads, I am in the minority so don't let my review turn you off of it completely.

I thought Olivia came across as a very selfish and self centered person. She completely disappears out of her best friend's life for 6 six months and then shows up out of the blue, pregnant, and wanting him to marry her so she doesn't have to go through it alone. Really? Apparently it's completely acceptable for her to ask him to put his dating life and sexual needs on hold permanently and help her raise another man's child because god forbid she deal with her own consequences of her actions. Then for over half of the book she is STILL thinking about her ex that dropped her when she told him she was pregnant.

I didn't dislike Danny but he just seemed way too quick to do anything Olivia requested. It was not believable at all, in my opinion. What guy is going to agree to a sexless marriage and to raise another man's child just to "help her out"? Of course they do fall into bed together eventually but I didn't feel the spark between the two of them that led to love. Danny's repetitive freak outs over his eye condition got a bit old too.

I didn't like how the story jumped in time a lot either. There were a few times in the story when they just had a very important talk or argument and then it jumps ahead a few weeks.

** I received an ARC of this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. **

Find It Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground