Come What May by A.M. Arthur

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Title: Come What May
Author: A.M. Arthur
Series: All Saints, #1
Genre: M/M Romance
Publisher: Carina Press
Publication Date: May 23rd 2016
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:
Jonas needs Tate. He just doesn't know it yet.

Or at least, he doesn't want to admit it. Because there is no way Jonas Ashcroft is gay. He's a straight, carefree frat boy player, just like any good son of a conservative state senator. If only his struggle to convince everyone—especially himself—didn't leave him so miserable. No matter how many girls or bottles he drowns himself in, Jonas can neither escape nor accept who he is.

Enter Tate. He's smart, confident, and instantly sees right through Jonas's surly exterior. Sure, he's done things in life he's not proud of, but he knows who he is and what he wants. And what he wants is Jonas. As their easy friendship intensifies into something more, Tate introduces Jonas to a life he's never known. One filled with acceptance and sex and a love that terrifies and excites them both.

But some inner demons refuse to be shaken off so easily. When Jonas's old life barges in, he faces a shattering choice, one that could destroy everything he and Tate have fought so hard for. Sometimes love just isn't enough—and sometimes it's exactly what you need.

My Rating: 
4 out of 5 stars

My Review:
Jonas has been raised as a privileged rich kid his whole life until a hazing prank goes wrong at college and he is expelled. His dad sends him to stay with his aunt and to work at her thrift shop. He is 21 years old and it is the first job he's ever had. He feels a lot of pressure from his family to act a certain way, and feels as if he can never truly be himself. Honestly at first he seemed like a big jerk, but slowly we learn that it's all an act.

Tate has had it rough. After his parents passed away when he was only a teenager, he emancipated himself so he could take on raising his younger sisters. Now he is a co-founder of All Saints House, a place for homeless LGBT teens. Tate was my favorite character in the book. He is very sweet and patient with Jonas.

Jonas tries to keep Tate at arms length, but they both are soon feeling the chemistry between them. Jonas' transition from "I'm straight and have slept with a ton of sorority girls" to " I wonder how big Tate's dick is" was pretty fast, but later in the story we find out that Jonas has always been attracted to guys, he's just denied it because he knew his family wouldn't accept it. There were a lot of steamy scenes between the two of them and I was definitely rooting for them.

I liked that there wasn't much "hot and cold" with their relationship, where one is running away. They were pretty open and honest with each other which was refreshing. There also wasn't the cliche "big misunderstanding" either. The conflict in the story was more realistic and believable.

I really enjoyed a lot of the secondary characters in this story. I can't wait to read Marc's story!

** I received a copy of this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. **

Find It Here:

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read an AM Arthur story for a couple of years, but I did enjoy the ones I've read. I like the situation in this one and what you say about the characters not doing the back and forth thing.

    Nice review, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! <3 It was refreshing to read one where the MCs weren't hot n cold the whole time. I swear it's in every romance now. lol!

      Delete
  2. I've never read much of MM romance and I've only read Hushed by Kelley York a while back, which I really love. Always wanted to give this genre a go and I am rooting for this one! Gonna add it to my to-read. I love any characters with the name Tate :P (Blame American Horror Story!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out Hushed. I go back and forth between MM romance and MF romance all the time. It mixes things up a little bit, I guess. And YES, I am obsessed with the name Tate for the same reason. hahaha! Glad I'm not the only one

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground