Review: Sparking the Fire by Kate Meader

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Title: Sparking the Fire
Author: Kate Meader
Series: Hot In Chicago, #3
Genre: M/F Romance
Publisher: Pocket Books
Publication Date: September 27th 2016
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:
Actor Molly Cade, America’s fallen sweetheart, finally has her shot at a Hollywood comeback with a dramatic new role as a tough-as-nails firefighter that promises to propel her back to the big time and restore her self-respect.

Wyatt Fox, resident daredevil at Engine Co. 6, needs a low-key job to keep him busy while he recovers from his latest rescue stunt. Consulting on a local movie shoot should add just enough spark to his day. Especially when in struts Molly Cade: the woman who worked his heart over good, and then left him in the Windy City dust.

Their story is straight out of a script: irrepressible, spunky heroine meets taciturn, smoldering hero. But these two refuse to be typecast, and when the embers of an old love are stoked, someone is bound to get burned…

My Rating:
4 out of 5 stars

My Review:
Sparking the Fire is #3 in Kate Meader's Hot In Chicago series, but it is the 5th book (the were a couple little novellas hidden in there too!).  My favorite is still probably Gage and Brady's story (#1.5), but I really enjoyed this one too.  I thought it ended the series well and tied up any lose ends that may have been there in previous books.  Each book can be read as a standalone but I highly recommend reading them all so you get the whole Dempsey family experience.

I have to be honest,  at first I was really not sure about Molly at all.  I thought I was going to hate her, but she grew on me as the story went on.  The chemistry between them was really hot but they didn't jump each other right away, it was more of a slow burn, I guess.  Wyatt is the definition of "strong and silent" type.  He is the quiet one and a bit of a loner.  He cares very deeply for his family but has a hard time showing it.  I loved seeing him slowly open up as the story went on.

I really loved that the characters from previous books still play a big role in this one, especially since it is the last of the series.  It was nice to see everything resolved and get once last glimpse into their "happily ever afters" before the series is over.  I didn't want it to end!  I loved this family of misfits!  Highly recommend this series if you are looking for a new one!

**  I received an ARC of this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own.  **

Find It Here:

6 comments:

  1. Oh O hadn't heard of this series!! I will have to check it out now. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy it too! I loved them all

      Delete
  2. Yes Gade and Brady's story was my favorite too. I really liked Wyatt, as the oldest I really identified with him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the whole family so much, but after reading this one I totally went back and reread Gage and Brady's story. haha! Love them! I loved their little cameos in this one too.

      Delete
  3. I never heard of the series but it seems to be something that I would like! I love a family-themed story :D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground