Review: All I Want For Christmas by Jenny Hale

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Title: All I Want for Christmas
Author: Jenny Hale
Genre: M/F Romance
Publisher: Bookouture
Publication Date: October 6th 2016
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:
Christmas comes once a year . . . But true love comes once in a lifetime.

Snowflakes are falling, there’s carol singing on every corner, and Leah Evans is preparing for a family Christmas at her grandmother’s majestic plantation house in Virginia. It won’t be the same now that her beloved Nan is gone, but when Leah discovers she has inherited the mansion, she knows she can give her daughter Sadie the childhood of her dreams.

But there’s a catch. Leah must split the house with a man called David Forester. Leah hasn’t heard that name in a long time. Not since they were kids, when Davey was always there to catch her.

Now David is all grown up. He’s gorgeous, successful, and certain of one thing: Leah should sell him her half of the house.

They can’t agree, but as they share memories over wine by the log fire, Leah notices a fluttering in her stomach. And by the look in his eyes, he’s starting to feel it too.

Will it be Leah or David who must give up their dreams? Or, with a little bit of Christmas magic, will they finally understand Nan’s advice to them both about living life without regrets … and take a chance on true love?

My Rating:
4 out of 5 stars

My Review:
This is the second holiday romance that I've read from Jenny Hale and I ended up enjoying it just as much as the other one I read, Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses.  Jenny Hale has a way of really making you feel the excitement and magic of the holidays.  All I Want for Christmas is a fairly quick read at 191 pages, but she puts you through all of the feels in that short time.  I found myself smiling, laughing, and even tearing up a few times.  This is a "clean romance" so if steamy scenes aren't your thing then this book is for you.

I really loved the friendship between Leah and David and how they sort of just picked up where they left off all those years ago.  They are both extremely caring individuals.  I have to be honest when I say that David felt a little too good to be true in this one.  The guy was seriously perfect in ever way.  He always takes care of everyone around him, instantly loves Leah's daughter, and would do anything to make Leah happy.  The guy has no faults at all.  But that is my only complaint, if you can even call it a complaint!  I loved the epilogue!  Everything was wrapped up so nicely and everyone was happy.  Perfect holiday romance.

**  I received an ARC of this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own.  **


Find It Here:

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You're such a quick reader! While I love to have doses of intense romance, sometime a light read before bed is just what I need! Jenny Hale seemed like such a fantastic author (because really, there are many authors who can't pull off a short novel) so I'm definitely checking her works out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! My husband always teases me about how quickly I get through books. And I agree about being able to pull off a short novel. I've read some good ones and some really not so good ones. lol! I hope you enjoy this one too if you get a chance to pick it up!

      Delete
  2. I love holiday books and this sounds adorable. I have not tried this author, but will add the book to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it! If you get a chance to read it, I hope you like it too. Reading holiday romances around this time of year is my favorite! lol

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground