Review: Can't Hide From Me by Cordelia Kingsbridge

Monday, October 3, 2016

Title: Can't Hide From Me
Author: Cordelia Kingsbridge
Genre: M/M Romance, Suspense
Publisher: Riptide Publishing
Publication Date: October 3rd 2016
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon

Synopsis:
Charles Hunter’s team is on a mission to extract an unidentified ATF agent from an undercover job gone wrong. All they’ve got to go on is the rendezvous location—until Charles recognizes the ex he hasn’t seen in years. Their “simple rescue mission” is about to get a lot more complicated.

For Ángel Medina, adjusting to life after his cartel nightmare is hard enough without confronting memories of a failed relationship. All he wants is a fresh start. But when a violent stalker lashes out from the shadows, Ángel realizes his nightmare is far from over.

As the stalker’s obsession escalates and bodies start dropping, Charles and Ángel are thrown together in a desperate search for the culprit. Tempers flare and old passions reignite, drawing them back into the same turbulent relationship that once ended in disaster.

But the stalker isn’t letting go—and the next strike might hit straight through the heart.

My Rating:
3 out of 5 stars

My Review:
I had actually never heard of Cordelia Kingsbridge before I came across this book on NetGalley but I couldn't pass this one up.  I love secret/undercover agent type stories.  Add in the fact that this is also a second chance romance and I was sold!

I had a really hard time putting this one down.  The suspense in this one was great and kept the book moving.  The two MCs had amazing chemistry together, but I would have liked to see more of their relationship developed before the end of the story.  I thought the ending was a little too abrupt and I wanted just a bit more.

I have to admit that a big issue I had with this book was the cheating by Angel in order to "protect" Charles.  Even after finding out the explanation of why it happened, I think he could have gone about it in a different way.  I thought it was completely ridiculous that he was so mad at Charles for calling him some names because he caught him in the act of cheating (on his birthday, no less). I'm pretty sure if anyone walked in on something like that, they would have a few choice words for you.  I also had to roll my eyes at Angel because he was extremely immature and constantly thought the answer to all of his trouble was getting laid.  Ex: He has a stalker that has kidnapped and killed people, but he decides to go out to a gay club and bring a guy back to his hotel to "blow off steam" after just sleeping with Charles like the day before....  really??

All in all, I enjoyed the suspense side of the story and the steamy scenes/chemistry between the MCs but thought the romantic aspect could have been worked out a little bit better.


Find It Here:

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm. This one sounds just Okay. I'm glad you enjoyed it overall and that the suspense was well written, but the romantic aspect is turning me off - there should always be a better option than cheating on someone to protect them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, I agree! That was the big downfall for me. I can't stand cheating. It instantly ruins a book for me.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that you enjoyed thus one overall Julie despite some issues, I am a fan of second chance romances, so think this could be a book I could enjoy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the thing that mostly made not so thrilled with this one was the cheating aspect. I can't stand it, so it always makes me a little less enthused about the couple's relationship in the end. I'm a big fan of second chance romances too

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground