Review: Just Drive by L.A. Witt

Monday, October 24, 2016

Title: Just Drive
Author: L.A. Witt
Series: Anchor Point
Genre: M/M Romance
Publisher: Riptide Publishing
Publication Date: November 21st 2016
Find It Here: Goodreads

Synopsis:
For Sean Wright, driving a cab in the tiny Navy town of Anchor Point isn’t an exciting job . . . until he picks up just-dumped Paul Richards. A drive turns into a walk on the pier, which turns into the hottest hookup Sean’s had in ages.

After a long overdue breakup, Paul can’t believe his luck. Of all the drivers, he’s picked up by the gorgeous, gay, and very willing Sean. Younger guys aren’t usually his thing, but Paul can’t resist.

One taste and neither man can get enough . . . right up until they realize that Paul is Sean’s father’s commanding officer and the last man Sean should be involved with.

With two careers on the line, their only option is to back off. It’s not easy, though; the sex and the emotional connection are exactly what both men have been craving for a long time. But Paul has devoted twenty-four years to his career and his dream of making admiral. If he’s caught with Sean, that’s all over. He has to choose—stay the course, or trade it all for the man who drove off with his heart.

My Rating:
4 out of 5 stars

My Review:
L.A. Witt is another one of those authors that are on my "auto-buy" list.  I enjoy almost everything that I've read from her.

I absolutely loved the chemistry between the two MCs.  It begins as a one-night stand but both quickly realize that they can't stop with just one night, and then it becomes much more for the both of them.  Even after learning the reasons that they should stay far away from each other they can't keep their hands off of each other.

I really loved that this is an "age-gap" romance and instead of the older guy being the one that is super "toppy" and the voice of reason, it ends up being the younger man.  It seems as if it's always assumed that the older guy is the one that has to take that role and it was refreshing to see the role reversed.  I absolutely LOVED that epilogue!  So so good!

If I had to give one gripe about the book, it would be that I felt as if we learned a lot about Paul's past, but not enough about Sean's.  We find out little things here and there but I wanted a bit more about him.

**  I received this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own.  **

Find It Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground