Review: The Christmas Tree by Allyson Charles

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Title: The Christmas Tree
Author: Allyson Charles
Genre: M/F Romance
Series: Pineville, #2
Publisher: Lyrical Shine
Publication Date: November 22nd 2016
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:
DECORATING WITH THE GRINCH

It was one little fender bender. Sadie was only in picturesque Pineville, Michigan, for a day, trying to handle the ramshackle house her grandmother left her and juggle the sale of her failing design business at the same time. Her debtors don’t care that it’s almost Christmas. But then neither does the big bad contractor whose truck got squashed.

Colt McCoy might be the least festive person she’s ever met. He’s gruff, rude, and way too upset about a minor accident. Of course, he is nice to look at, with dimples hiding in his scruffy beard and a body like a lumberjack’s. And Sadie will have plenty of time to enjoy the view, since their community service sentence has put the two of them in charge of Pineville’s jinxed Christmas tree.

But as their squabbles over ornaments turn to laughter, anyone can see Colt and Sadie have something electric. The hard part is guessing if they’ll light each other up—or just keep blowing the fuse . . .

My Rating:
4 out of 5 stars

My Review:
The Christmas Tree by Allyson Charles is a sweet holiday romance that will really get you in the Christmas spirit.  It is part of the Pineville series, but can be read as a standalone.  I did not read the first book in the series and didn't feel like I was missing anything at all.

When we first meet Colt, I have to admit that I thought he was a giant jerk.  As the story continues you start to see a little more about why he is the way he is and he really grew on me.  I liked Sadie right away (even if I did want to grab her and shake her a few times).  She's a little OCD and definitely a people-pleaser, so I could relate to her in that way.

This book was a little bit of everything; enemies to lovers, holiday fun, witty banter, with a little bit of angst/drama added in.

*  I received this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own. *

Find It Here:

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I love the idea of a Grinch-y hero! Grumpy heroes are among my favorites. It sounds like Sadie is having a terrible Christmas though. :D I'm glad you enjoyed this book, Julie!

    Wonderful review. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! haha yeah, I liked the grouchy guy turned teddy bear idea too. Yeah, Sadie was not having a good time at all. lol! It was a nice holiday one. I really wanted to get it posted before Christmas but didn't get to it. Bummer!

      Delete
  2. I love grumpy (hot) men! AND it's set in Michigan? YES! I'm adding this to my TBR and Amazon wishlist so I can watch it :) It sounds very cute. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you get to read it and enjoy it too! It was super cute, and just what I wanted to read before Christmas.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground