Review: Fake Engagement Real Temptation by Joya Ryan

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Title: Fake Engagement Real Temptation
Author: Joya Ryan
Series: The Passion and Protection Series
Genre: M/F Romance
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Publication Date: January 30th 2017

Synopsis:

Oh. My. God. Carrie Morgan can’t escape her cheating ex fiancĂ©. She goes on her Hawaiian honeymoon fantasy vacation to prove she’s over him—but he’s there with his mistress in tow. Good thing Carrie’s annoyingly over-protective friend Blake came with her. How’s she going to prove to her ex she’s over him? Easy. One… Two… Three… She grabs Blake and kisses him.

Blake Harris isn’t about to let anyone take advantage of his heartbroken friend Carrie. And that includes himself, even if she’s sexy as sin in that bikini. Then she kisses him—and he’s on fire. Damage done, but he can back off. Except he sees that broken look in Carrie’s eyes. No. Hell no. New plan. He intends to show her ex just what he’s thrown away.

The kisses? For show. The heat? Part of the performance. The private practice sessions? Uh-oh. Those are starting to feel a bit too real…



Fake Engagement Real Temptation was a lot of fun as long as you don't take it too seriously.  It's a sort of forbidden romance because Carrie is Blake's best friend's little sister.  The chemistry between the two of them is hot and makes for some steamy scenes.  I said that you can't take this one too seriously because there are so many coincidences, cliches, and unbelievable moments.

The ex and his new mistress happen to show up on the same vacation as Carrie and Blake.  Not only that but their room is also right next to theirs...and they share a bedroom wall so you can probably guess what kinds of sounds are coming through the wall.  They also happen to show up ALL THE TIME during different activities because they happened to plan the same ones as them.  The ex was the typical cliche "bad guy" right along with the "evil" mistress.  I really don't see what she saw in him to begin with.  

There were a few times that the story was a little unbelievable, in my opinion.  Carrie admits that her and her ex-fiance hadn't slept together in at least a year, and for some reason she never thought that was weird??  Also, when Blake finds out Carrie's ex proposed to his mistress, he decides he's going to propose to Carrie to make her ex jealous...  Because that won't seem odd.  He just happened to propose right after finding out that the ex did??  Pretty sure the ex would have figured out it was all fake at that point.  

**  I received an ARC of this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own.  **

Find It Here: 

4 comments:

  1. This sounds a little like Down for the Count by Christine Bell (which I LOVED)! I've read a few of Joya Ryan's books but I didn't really enjoy them, so I skipped the sign-ups for this one. I definitely think I would have scoffed a little, while reading this book. Down for the Count was much better, in terms of this type of story (though the ex in that book doesn't show up as much as in this one).

    Great review, Julie!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa! I had read one or two of Joya Ryan's other books that I enjoyed, so I figured I would give this one a try. This one just wasn't for me I guess. I actually have Christine Bell's Down for the Count on my Kindle but never got around to it yet. I will have to check it out soon and compare. lol!

      Delete
  2. Woah... yeah, I don't think this would have worked for me. Serious eye rolls might have occurred :) Thanks for taking one for the team, though. Great review!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I am in the right mood an unbelievable book like that may work. Glad you enjoyed it despite that! Great review!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground