Review: Fascinated by Jess Michaels

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Title: Fascinated
Author: Jess Michaels
Series: The Wicked Woodleys
Genre: M/M Romance
Publisher: The Passionate Pen
Publication Date: February 7th 2017 
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon

Synopsis:
It's been over a decade since Aaron Condit's lover, Viscount Noah Seagate died. While he has had temporary diversions, he hasn't had a real relationship since. But now he's been invited to the home of his best friend, Leticia Blackwood and he'll be faced with deep temptation in the form of her brother, Griffin Merrick. 

Griffin has seen Aaron at certain clubs for a long time and he cannot deny that he wants the handsome solicitor. But secrets from far in the past and a desire not to hurt someone they both love stand between them. Time spent alone leads to a passionate affair, but only time will tell if they can overcome all that keeps them apart. And if they're willing to risk losing everything in order to find love. 


 It's been a long time since I've read a regency style romance, so I knew I wanted to scoop this one up as soon as I saw it. Fascinated is part of Jess Michaels' The Wicked Woodley's series, but can be read as a stand alone. That being said, I really do wish that I had read the previous books in the series because I feel like it would have helped me learn more about the two MCs. There are a lot of things that happened in previous stories that I would have loved to read about in this one. When this books starts out, they already know each other and both have a "thing" for the other. That left me feeling a little left out in a way. I felt cheated that I didn't get to know their whole story.

This was a short story at around 72 pages, so it was a very quick read. Letty (Griffin's sister) and Aaron are best friends and have history which makes him want to keep his distance from Griffin. I really wanted to see Aaron fight a little more for Griffin. I understand the loyalty to Letty but it left the feelings a little more one sided. I did enjoy the author's writing style, and loved the steamy scenes and chemistry between the two of them, so I may go back and read the others in the series. 

** I received an ARC of this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. **

Find It Here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground