Review: Private Practice by Samanthe Beck

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Title: Private Practice by Samanthe Beck
Author: Samanthe Beck
Series: Private Pleasures, #1
Genre: M/F Romance
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Publication Date: February 23rd 2013
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:
He’ll teach her how to bring a man to his knees…

Dr. Ellie Swan has a plan: open her practice in tiny Bluelick, Kentucky, so she can keep an eye on her diabetic father, and make hometown golden-boy Roger Reynolds fall in love with her. But Ellie has a problem. Roger seeks a skilled, sexually adventurous partner, and bookish Ellie doesn’t qualify.

Tyler Longfoot only cares about three things: shaking his bad boy image, qualifying for the loan his company needs to rehab a piece of Bluelick’s history, and convincing Ellie to keep quiet about the “incident” that lands him on her doorstep at two a.m. with a bullet in his behind.

The adorable Dr. Swan drives a mean bargain, though. If sex-on-a-stick Tyler will teach Ellie how to bring a man to his knees, she’ll forget about the bullet. Armed with The Wild Woman’s Guide to Sex and Tyler’s lessons, Ellie is confident she can become what Roger needs…if she doesn’t fall for Tyler first.

My Rating:
4 out of 5 stars

My Review:
I have to be honest, I wasn't sure if I was going to end up enjoying this one at all.  It just seemed a little unrealistic that Ellie just moves back to town after years of being away and after an unexpected run-in with Tyler, propositions him into teaching her to be "more of a wild woman in bed" all because she had a crush on a high from high school that she wants to impress.  After years of not seeing Ellie, Tyler easily accepts the idea of teaching her "his ways" for another man.  I would probably look at someone as if they've lost their mind if they suggested something like that. lol!

After I let the whole easy acceptance of the proposition go, I enjoyed the story a lot more.  I liked that there was a little twist in the typical romance, the male MC was falling/caring before she was and wanted her to take him seriously.  I've read so many romances where the girls are hopelessly in love with a guy and the guy is clueless right up until the end, so it was a nice change.

I really enjoyed the witty banter between the two of them.  Ellie is a bit OCD and likes to do a lot of research and Tyler is the type that is laid back.  I thought they balanced each other really well.  There was a lot of chemistry between the two of them and I actually liked that it took a while to get to the steamy scenes because Tyler was trying to move things a little slower.

My only gripe is that I felt like it took Ellie to long to realize her feelings/who she wanted.  I also want to make it clear that there is not a love triangle.  I know a lot of people that tend to steer clear of stories with love triangles, so I thought I would throw that out there. lol

** I received a copy of this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own.  **

Find It Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground