Review: A Stolen Crown by Kelsey Keating

Monday, January 16, 2017

Title: A Stolen Crown
Author: Kelsey Keating
Series: Stolen Royals, #2
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Publisher: Swanifide Publishing
Publication Date: January 17th 2017

A stolen crown. An unbreakable friendship. One big mess in the making.

When Princess Cecily Degalt travels south to wed a prince she's never met, she's ushered into a strange new world alongside her best friend and bodyguard, Rory Castille. With an MIA fiancé, his handsome twin brother, and a kidnapping gone wrong, life in Myrzel isn't quite what Cecily expected.

Rory will do anything to keep Cecily from harm--but when Rory's darkest secret comes between her and Cecily, the greatest danger to the princess might be Rory herself.

Torn apart for the first time, each girl will have to think like the other as she faces not only the darkness of Fangralee Forest, but a dangerous enemy closer to home.
A Stolen Crown is the second novel in the Stolen Royals series - a tale of magic, intrigue, and the power of true friendship. 



 After reading the first book in this series recently, I dove right into this one because I really fell in love with the world that Kelsey Keating created.  This is the second book in the series, but focuses on different characters than in the first book.  It isn't a continuation of the first book.  There are a couple characters from the first book that do make appearances tho, so I would recommend reading the first book before trying this one.

I thought A Stolen Crown took a little bit longer for me to get into the story than the first one, A Stolen Kiss, did.  I'm not even sure why... I didn't love the characters as much as I did as the once in the first book and the story started a bit slower, I think.  I was excited to see Ellis again; he's such an interesting character that I definitely want to find out more about hopefully in another story.  I think my favorite character from this story ended up being Rory.  She was a tough, sassy bodyguard, who was also vulnerable at times.  I kind of hope she gets her own story.

Kelsey Keating definitely keeps you guessing what's going to happen in this book as well.  There were twists, heart-breaking moments, moments that had me smiling and even laughing out loud.  I think I enjoyed the first book a little more, but I still really enjoyed this one and can't wait to read the next one!

** I received an ARC of this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own.  **

Find It Here:

6 comments:

  1. Hmm.. YA fantasy series and it sounds good! Oh my poor TBR! 😂 I'm going to have to try these though and you've made it sound like it's something I should definitely enjoy. Twists and turns and laugh out loud moments? Count me in!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you do get a chance to read it, I hope you love it too! I really enjoyed them both

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of this but I love that cover. It's so cute! Illustrated covers are the best.
    I also looove YA fantasy so this should be right up my alley -- after I read the first one, though.

    Thanks for showing me a new series! My TBR/wallet are not happy lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan of illustrated covers too! They always end up being some of my favorites. Or the ones with fancy writing. lol! If you do get a chance to read it, I hope you love it! I would definitely recommend the first book in the series before this one. It's not absolutely necessary but it was my favorite of the two. lol!

      Delete
  3. ooh I haven't heard of this book or series yet, but it sounds really cool. I have really been interested in fantasy lately!

    great review :)

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this series kind of flew under the radar, which is a shame because I loved them! I've been on a fantasy kick lately too. lol

      Thanks!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground