Review: At Attention by Annabeth Albert

Tuesday, February 7, 2017


Title: At Attention
Author: Annabeth Albert
Series: Out of Uniform, #2
Genre: M/M Romance
Publisher: Carina Press
Publication Date: April 10th 2017

Lieutenant Apollo Floros can ace tactical training missions, but being a single dad to his twin daughters is more than he can handle. He needs live-in help, and he's lucky a friend's younger brother needs a place to stay. He's surprised to see Dylan all grown up with a college degree…and a college athlete's body. Apollo's widowed heart may still be broken, but Dylan has his blood heating up. 

It's been eight years since the teenage Dylan followed Apollo around like a lovesick puppy, and it's time he showed Lieutenant Hard-to-Please that he's all man now—an adult who's fully capable of choosing responsibility over lust. He can handle Apollo's muscular sex appeal, but Apollo the caring father? Dylan can't afford to fall for that guy. He's determined to hold out for someone who's able to love him back, not someone who only sees him as a kid brother. 

Apollo is shocked by the intensity of his attraction to Dylan. Maybe some no-strings summer fun will bring this former SEAL back to life. But the combination of scorching desire and warm affection is more than he'd expected, and the emotion between them scares him senseless. No fling lasts forever, and Apollo will need to decide what's more important—his past or his future—if he wants to keep Dylan in his life.



I love Annabeth Albert's books.  I always try to snatch them up as soon as I see them on NetGalley.  At Attention is the second book of her "Out of Uniform" series, but can be read as a stand alone.  There are a few glimpses of characters from the first book, but you wouldn't feel left out if you didn't get a chance to read that one first.  This story is kind of a forbidden romance because Dylan is Apollo's best friend's younger brother; but it's also a hurt/comfort type of romance because Apollo is a widow.  It's also a bit of an age gap romance too, so it's got a little bit of everything!

I absolutely LOVED Dylan.  He was really sweet with Apollo's kids and a lot of patience with Apollo and his mood swings and OCD behavior.   It took me quite a while to like Apollo's character.  I hated the way he was so hot and cold with Dylan throughout the story.  He said really crappy things repeatedly and Dylan would stay calm with him every time.  I almost wanted him to move on at one point because Apollo drove me a bit nuts.  Dylan was very forgiving and caring the entire time and even went as far as to say he would wait for him...uugghh!  Apollo really pulled through for me in the end though, and I loved it.

** I received an ARC of this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own. **

Find It Here: 

4 comments:

  1. Annabeth Albert is an author I keep meaning to read. I need to get to her soon. Glad you enjoyed this Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you decide to give Annabeth Albert a shot, I recommend the #Gaymers series! It's my favorite. They are all standalones so you could pick up any of them and be good.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I have the urge to really shake a character. The push/pull stuff gets on my nerves, but if they redeem themselves I can get over my irritation. I can see there is a lot going on in little ways with this one. Nice review, Julie! I'll have to try her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah, I am the same way. And thank you! I recommend her #gaymers series. It's my favorite =)

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground