Review: Stranded by HelenKay Dimon

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Title: Stranded
Author: HelenKay Dimon
Genre: MM Romance
Publisher: Riptide Publishing
Publication Date: November 21st 2015


Cabe got out of the gun-for-hire business the hard way—by nearly dying. Except then his former boss calls in one last favor for one final job. The mission should be simple: get a message to a retired operative in Alaska. But it puts Cabe face-to-face with the one man he doesn’t want to see and can never forget. Not after all the secrets and lies. Not after Brax almost killed him.

Brax Hughes lived hard and retired young to a cabin in the middle of nowhere. Well, that was the plan, but before he can hang up his sniper rifle, he has one last mission: win back Kyle Cabe. Brax wants another chance, wants to come clean, but after months of lying to Cabe, he knows he could face a bullet—or worse—when they meet again. And they will meet. Brax made sure of that.

With a storm moving in and someone lurking outside the cabin, time is running out. Brax needs to talk fast and keep his weapons ready. And his best weapon is the truth.




 I'm a big fan of HelenKay Dimon's MM Romances, so I was really excited to pick this one up. I'm a big fan of second chance romances, and I would say that this one falls into that category. Cabe and Brax are retired assassins that at one time, were in a relationship with each other that ended badly. Very badly. Cabe was shot and almost killed by Brax, so it's not a big surprise that when he sees him almost a year later that he isn't thrilled.

I really loved some parts of this one but other parts had me shaking my head a little bit. The chemistry between the two of them was sizzling, even after their past. It's obvious that there are still feelings on both sides, but Cabe has a hard time trusting Brax, understandably. Brax was very secretive and that was one of the biggest problems between the two of them. He kept withholding the entire story and only giving him bits at a time because he didn't think Cade was ready to listen, which caused even more trust issues between them. It seemed like any time that Cade would start to soften towards him, he would ruin with another secret coming out. At first I loved the bantering between the two of them, but after a while the push and pull between them was too much. It felt like we were going around in circles for most of the story. I also have to admit that I was a little disappointed that a story involving to ex-assassins didn't have a little more action.

That all being said, overall, I was still rooting for them to figure it out and get their HEA. I was satisfied with the way things were between them at the end of the story. I love that Cade finally opened up about his feelings, and that it seems like Brax was going to try to be more open with him.

* I received an ecopy of this title via Riptide Publishing in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own. *

Find It Here: 

Other Reviews for books by HelenKay Dimon:

6 comments:

  1. I love when characters have good chemistry! This sounds like a fun book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I really think the chemistry is what saved this book for me. It wasn't HelenKay Dimon's best, but it was still entertaining.

      Delete
  2. I am always looking for more MM to read. I would expect more action from ex-assasians too!! I will have to check out this author for sure. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really loved her "Tough Love" series, I would definitely recommend those!

      Delete
  3. I've never seen this series before but.... now it's definitely on my radar. I'm sad this one wasn't as good as her others but I am such a sucker for second chance romance! It's not one I've seen a lot in MM, either, so that's cool.
    I will keep my eye out for this author from now on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular one is not actually part of a series and is a standalone, but HelenKay Dimon's Tough Love series is great! I would definitely recommend that one.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground