Review: Working It by Christine D'Abo

Monday, February 6, 2017

Title: Working It
Author: Christine D'Abo
Series: A Ringside Romance, #1
Genre: M/M Romance
Publisher: Riptide Publishing
Publication Date: February 6th 2017

Nolan Carmichael is getting a fresh start—new career, new company, new life. The only problem is, he liked his old life just fine . . . until an accident robbed him of his health, his job, his self-confidence, and his ability to go out in public without having anxiety attacks.

Zack Anderson has scared away his last four administrative assistants. So when he hires Nolan on a whim, he’s not too worried, since Nolan will be gone within the week anyway. Two weeks later, Nolan has made himself indispensable, completely reforming Zack’s schedule, life . . . and libido.

But in a company already torn by internal politics, one wrong step could ruin both their careers. And not only are they working to reopen Ringside Gym, Zack’s retreat when he was a troubled teen, but they also can’t help themselves falling for each other. If only the rest of their lives could go as smoothly as things do when they’re alone together.


 This is only the second Christine D'Abo book I've ever read but I've enjoyed them both.  That being said, I think I enjoyed this one even more than the last one I read.  I will definitely be reading more from this author.  Working It is the first book in D'Abo's new series "A Ringside Romance".

I absolutely LOVED Nolan.  Maybe it's because I could connect to him a little more because of his anxiety (more like PTSD in his case) issues.  I thought D'Abo did a really great job showing how a real anxiety attack is; and I love that she didn't "make everything all better" once Nolan met Zach.  I've read too many stories when someone suffering with anxiety or PTSD is magically cured all because they met their someone special.  That's not how it works and I'm glad to see that it was portrayed that way.  Nolan still had to work really hard with it.  

At first Zach comes off as a jerk, but he's supposed to.  Everyone at the office mentions his anger issues and Nolan even sees it for himself more than once (no violence, just yelling!). BUT I have to say that he was great with Nolan.  He helped him while still giving him his space and not treating him like a child, and I loved that.

Can't wait to read the next one in the series!  I hope it's about Max! (Zach's best friend)

**  I received an ARC of this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own.  **

Find It Here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground