11 Times the Harry Potter series made me cry

Friday, March 10, 2017


Soo originally I was going to write a post about all of the books that I've read that made me cry, but as I was making the list  I realized that the Harry Potter series was going to take over the whole thing.  So instead of writing a list that has a bunch of different books, I decided to write all the ways that the Harry Potter series broke my heart.

I'm not a big crier at all, so I think that shows how much I loved this series.  I am such a huge Harry Potter nerd. Okay, so here's my list:

(If you've never read the series and don't want spoilers, stop reading now!!)


Things that made my eyes misty but not quite cry:


1. Harry sees his parents in the Mirror of Erised
Harry tries to hold his mother's hand and there's nothing there

2. Hedwig's death
I can't handle it when an animal dies.

3. Hermoine erased her parent's memory of her
Oh god, Hermoine...I just want to give her a big hug.

4. Ron left
Stupid Horcrux locket!!

5. Harry visits his parent's graves in Godric's Hollow
It was his first time he ever got to visit.

6. Dobby the house elf's death
I'm not crying, you're crying!!!!  Seriously, it was so sad.


These are the moments that brought the real tears:

7. Dumbledore's death & funeral
I remember throwing the book across the room and declaring my hatred for Snape. lol!  Ohhh how things change.  Snape ends up being my favorite character (after Hagrid, of course!lol).

8. Sirius Black's Death
Not only did Harry witness it, but Sirius was the last "family" that he had.  He was supposed to move in with him someday and finally have a loving family member with him!

9. Mrs. Weasley's Boggart
Her in tears trying to get rid of the boggart that kept appearing as dead family members

10. Snape's flashback
This one really tore my heart out.  We find out that Snape was actually Harry's greatest ally.  We also see the great love that Snape had for Harry's mother.

11. Fred's death
This one hit me the absolute hardest.  I'm not sure if it was because Fred and George were the inseparable jokesters and I couldn't believe they would take one away OR if it was because I have A LOT of siblings so I couldn't image losing one.  Probably both reasons.  And also, the Weasely's are the one solid "good" in this book and it broke my heart when they devastated them.



What did you think was the saddest scene in Harry Potter?


18 comments:

  1. Oh man. There were so many sad scenes. Especially in those last 2 books. Fred and Dumbledore are definitely the worst deaths for me. Hedwig was super sad too. Snape's flashback always breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, the last two books are definitely to saddest of all. So many sad moments. Thanks so much Lori!

      Delete
  2. The worst for me was Dobby in the book and film...I loved that little guy. In the last film though I cried a river over Snape holding Lily's body and his death. *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I still get teary for Snape's scene. So sad! And I really loved Dobby too. I remember getting really made and tearing up while reading the book, but the movie made me cry with that scene. Ugghh..I really need to do a movie marathon again soon

      Delete
  3. Snape's flashback and his subsequent death. I bawled. I have to admit, I cried when the elf died too. I really did.
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still tear up for both of those scenes! So sad. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  4. I literally skipped the whole post since I'm only on book 5 but I will come back when I am done to read these!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha oh no! Hope I didn't spoil anything for you! lol Can't wait to see what you think about the rest of the series! I loved it so much. I am actually planning a Harry Potter movie marathon with my husband and a couple friends now. lol!

      Delete
  5. Oh man. Oh man. I'm re-reading this series RIGHT NOW (actually, I'm trying to do book 6 in audio the whole way but I'm not sure if I'll manage). There's SO MANY tears in these books. SO MANY. Every time I re-read book five I completely ugly cry and wonder why JKR BETRAYED ME! Every single time.

    Dumbeldore - absolutely. Snape - definitely and Hedwig - awful. Do I even want to continue with this book???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha!!! For all the tears that the Harry Potter series causes, it's sooo worth it! I really love this series so much! I'm in the process of planning a HP movie marathon with my husband and friends really soon!

      Delete
  6. Dobby gets me every time, in the book and even more so in the film! I'm tearing up just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know what you mean! I held it together in the book (I'm totally lying!) but the movie really got me. My husband even tears up for that scene.

      Delete
  7. I cannot handle animal deaths. I can't do it. Human dies? Meh, I'll get over it. Kill a dog, cat, bird, etc and I will lose it!
    Dobby's death was super sad too. Sirius death is still probably one of the hardest fictional deaths for me. Seriously. It crushed me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugghh, I am almost always the same way! I get extremely angry and cry when animals get hurt or die. That's why I didn't put Buckbeak's execution on this list because it made me more angry than anything else.

      Delete
  8. What a great post. You nailed it. I think the saddest ones for me were Hermione erasing her parents memory of her, Dumbledore's death and Snape's death. Snape's hurt my heart the most be a useful of the memories you see from his tears. I think Snape became one of my top characters after that - ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post. You nailed it. I think the saddest ones for me were Hermione erasing her parents memory of her, Dumbledore's death and Snape's death. Snape's hurt my heart the most be a useful of the memories you see from his tears. I think Snape became one of my top characters after that - ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much! And yes, I definitely agree. Every time I watch the Snape scene my heart breaks all over again. So sad! Snape is definitely one of my favorites...along with Hagrid, because how can you not love Hagrid?! lol

      Delete
  10. The first moment that made me tear up was when Cedric died. Not because he died, but the cry of anguish and horror from his father always gets me. It's so authentic and in that moment I'm him and I just lost my son. *sob* I cried when Dumbledore died, when Hermione erased her parents memories, and when Fred died. *full on crying mode*
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground