Monthly Review

Friday, March 31, 2017

A nice little recap of the things that I posted in March.


Reviews:
12 Reviews! 
(all links take you to the review on my blog)
The Burnt Toast B&B by Heidi Belleau & Rachel Haimowitz - 3 stars

Average Rating: 3.75

How I'm Doing On My Reading Challenges:
(you can always click here to view current challenge updates)

Goodreads Challenge: 47 of 200 books - (ahead of schedule)
Beat the Backlist - 13 out of 50 books (ahead schedule)
New Release Challenge - 35 out of 125 books (ahead of schedule)

So far so good, but I am going to try to knock a few more off of my Backlist in April.  I'm trying to keep up with all of the challenges but I really want to shrink my TBR list.  I want to do better than my goal of 50 because I have so many physical books waiting for me on my shelves, and even more on my Kindle!

A random reading goal of mine was to read more than just steamy romances and I've been doing pretty well with that one.  I've mixed in some fantasy and a lot of young adult this month.

I DO need to get better with actually writing reviews.  There are a few books that I've read this month that I never wrote reviews for, and that bums me out.

What you can expect in April:
I've got a lot of romance and young adult book reviews coming up, and also a couple fantasy ones as well.  I'm hoping to get more books read from my Backlist, as I mentioned above.  I'm also working on some discussion posts and list posts.  I just recently started doing Waiting on Wednesday posts and have had a lot of fun with that so I think I will continue doing more of those too.

I have another "My Book-Inspired Artwork" post scheduled towards the end of April to share too.  This time I will be sharing 2 paintings inspired by The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks.  One is an acrylic painting and the other is a quick watercolor painting.

Of course, I also have 2-3 giveaways scheduled each week too!

Follow Me Here:

What would you like to see more/less of on my blog?

12 comments:

  1. You're doing really well on your reading challenges so congratulations! Yes to discussion posts and lists posts! I usually enjoy those on a blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm really excited that I haven't been falling behind and have actually been keeping ahead of them. I've really been wanting to tackle my TBR list, so it makes me happy to be crossing off a few titles. I'm a big fan of lists and discussion posts on blogs too.

      Delete
  2. Awesome job on your challenges!!! i need to read more backlist books too. Can't wait to see more of your artwork. Have a great April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace! I am really excited to be crossing more and more books off of my backlist. I feel a huge sense of accomplishment every time I do. haha! I'm such a goof. I'm excited to post another of my artwork posts. It seemed to go over really well last time, so hopefully everyone still enjoys it. Hope you have a great April too!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Samantha! Hope I can keep the momentum going in April!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a pretty good month! I think my average rating was like 3.6 -- not too shabby, but I wish it was like at least 4!

    Congrats on staying ahead of your challenges. I think the only one I am beating right now is my overall # of books goal. Time to work on that in April, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie! I'm hoping to keep the momentum going in April. I hope you do well with your goals too!

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a pretty good month, there are some awesome books. I'm going to have to get back and check through your reviews to try and motivate me to start reading them. Hopefully you're powering through your books (especially your backlist) will continue in April. I think you've definitely succeeded in reading more than steamy romance as well so congrats. As for reviewing more of what you read, it's hard but I always try and get a few things up on Goodreads when I finish reading to help me remember my thoughts when it comes to reviewing on my blog.

    Hope you have a good April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm hoping I can keep the momentum going this month. I still feel like I'm behind on my ARCs for this month so I have to play a little bit of catch up there as well. I still love my steamy romances but I've really enjoyed mixing it up a bit. I've started to use the highlight feature on my Kindle so I can save quotes/moments that I really love, but I am thinking about keeping a notebook close to start writing notes about things too. We'll see if that helps. I've tried to make a habit of writing a review as soon as I finish the book but I feel like I've been slacking with that too.

      Hope you have a great April too!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you had a great month in reading and reviews. I just finished reading Queens of Geek over the weekend and I had so much fun reading it. I hope you have a good April too! Happy reading and take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick! Queens of Geek was so much fun! It has been my favorite read so far this year! Hope you are having a great April too!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground