Review: Darkness by Kate Sherwood

Monday, March 6, 2017

Title: Darkness
Author: Kate Sherwood
Series: Common Law, #3
Genre: M/M Romance, Suspense
Publisher: Riptide Publishing
Publication Date: March 6th 2017
Find It Here: GoodreadsAmazon

 A murdered prostitute. An obvious suspect. Clear evidence. For once, Jericho Crewe has a straightforward crime to investigate, and Wade Granger isn’t involved.

It all seems so simple, but Jericho’s instincts won’t let him rest. As he investigates, he finds troubling suggestions that the murder is a part of something larger and more sinister. But working within the boundaries of the law may keep him from finding the truth. If Jericho doesn’t break the rules, an innocent man may rot in jail while a killer remains free to strike again.

Inevitably, it all comes back to Wade. Because who else knows as much about breaking rules? And who else knows Jericho the way Wade does—not wisely, but far, far too well?



Darkness is the third book in Kate Sherwood's Common Law series.  I would probably recommend reading all of the books in order, so you can better get to know the characters.  Each book is about the same group of characters, but dealing with a new problem, and also some continued storylines from the previous books.

When we left off in book #2 things were starting to heat up between Jericho and Wade.  In this book Jericho really starts to give in the his attraction to Wade.  After so much buildup for the two main characters to "get together", I felt a little underwhelmed because it was a fade to black kind of love scene.  Maybe I'm a creeper, or just really enjoy my steamy scenes, but I was so disappointed!  After waiting and waiting for something to happen for it to be a fade to black was a bummer. BUT that being said, I really did enjoy the rest of this book.

Wade was a little less mysterious in this one and started to show his true feelings more.  He even helps Jericho out more than once.  There is a lot left hanging at the end of this book, so I'm anxious to read book 4 to see how everything is wrapped up.  I don't want to give too much away so I will leave it at that.  Jericho did get a bit of closure on his father's murder in this one.  The end of Darkness leaves you thinking that's for sure. 

* I received an ARC of this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own. **

Find It Here: 

You find my reviews for the previous books here:

10 comments:

  1. You are not a creeper. I had a briefer, but similar disappointment. I did love to see the bit about his dad's murder and seeing things moving forward with Jericho's future and possibly something with Wade.

    Nice, non-spoiler review, Julie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sophia Rose! Glad I'm not the only one with that disappointment. I try to keep my reviews spoiler-free, even if all I want to really do is blab it so I can discuss it. haha!

      Delete
  2. aww i'm sorry that part felt a little flat for you, especially after all the build up. Nah not a creeper :) I can understand the frustration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha so glad to hear I'm not the only one! I just thought after so much build up we would have been able to know what happened, I guess. That was really my only gripe about the book tho

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who sometimes wishes for more steamy scenes. I mean, if I want clean or fade to black, I will read YA. Sometimes I feel like a dirty bird but I'm okay with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha exactly!! I accept fade to fade when I know going into it that it's going to be that way, like YA, but I really expected more steam after all the building up tension. My husband says I'm just a hornball. lol!

      Delete
  4. Ha I am sure you are not a creeper!! Sorry that part was a disappointment though. Hope the next book is even better! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! I have to admit, I do love the steamy scenes, so I felt a little cheated after such a long build up. The next book in the series was my absolute favorite! I read them all pretty much in a row because I couldn't handle waiting. lol! Thanks Grace!

      Delete
  5. I'm totally LOL'ing!!! If you're a creeper, than I'm more of a creeper b/c I expect certain levels of steamy, especially if the foreplay was THERE!! If they don't deliver, BOOOOOOOO!!! You're just joining the club, that's all. Hopefully, the author is just teasing... Fun review!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help it, I love the steamy scenes! Hahaha! And I will gladly join the club. lol. The next book in the series turned up the heat a bit, so I was happy. lol!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground