Review: Hard Wired by Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Title: Hard Wired
Authors: Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell
Series: Cyberlove, #3
Genre: M/M Romance
Publisher: Megtino Press 
Publication Date: February 13, 2017


My FallenCon agenda is simple: sit on a couple of panels and let people meet the real me. Jesse Garvy—mod of a famous Twitch channel and, if I ever come out of my shell, future vlogger. I definitely didn’t plan to sleep with a moody tattooed fan-artist, but he’s gorgeous and can’t keep his hands off me. There's a first time for everything, and my first time with a guy turns out to be the hottest experience of my life.

But the next day, I find out my moody fan-artist is Ian Larsen AKA Cherry—someone I've known online for years. And he'd known exactly who I was while shoving me up against that wall. Before I figure out whether to be pissed or flattered, the con ends.

Now we're back online, and he's acting like nothing happened. But despite the distance between us, and the way he clings to the safety of his online persona, we made a real connection that night. I don't plan to let him forget.



Hard Wired is the third book in the Cyberlove series by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell.  All of the stories can be read as standalones, but I feel as if you would get more enjoyment out of them if you read them in order.  I really loved the other two books in this series, so I bought this one as soon as it was release.  Unfortunately, this one left me a little disappointed.  I still enjoyed it, but not as much as the others.

Jesse Garvy is a moderator of a Twitch stream alongside Cherry, who is supposed to meet him at FallenCon so they can sit in on a couple panels, and answer some questions.  While Jesse is wandering around the event he sees an artist that he can't keep his eyes off of named Ian.  Ian has a big secret; he's actually Cherry and has had a crush on Jesse for years.  Ian has a few different personalities/personas that help him deal with his anxiety.  Ian finally gets the chance he's been waiting for and hooks up with Jesse at the Con, but doesn't get the chance to tell him he is Cherry before their panel event.

I thought Ian was an extremely frustrating character.  His hot and cold behavior was understandable at times but it was just too much for me, and I hated that Jesse had to keep being the one to pursue him.  Ian was kind of a big jerk at times.  I actually really liked Jesse and thought he was sweet.  He was really understanding but also very firm on his beliefs when it came to Ian wanting to keep them a secret.  Ian really did come through for me in the end though.  I thought the ending was satisfying, with both of them compromising.

There were some great steamy scenes between the two of them.  These two sure know how to write some sizzling scenes.  This was also a really angsty one.

While this wasn't my favorite book in the series, I still can't wait for the next book in the series.  I love just about everything from Megan Erickson, and I definitely want to read more by Santino Hassell.

Find It Here: 

Other books in the series:
Strong Signal

Fast Connection

2 comments:

  1. The sweet guy + the jerk can be so hit-or-miss for me. Sometimes I love it but not when the jerk is too much of a jerk (there is a line, you know?). I love Erickson's books but I haven't read any by the duo. Hopefully you enjoy more of their books in the future!

    Wonderful review, Julie! Have a great week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I hate when the jerky guy is a little too much of a jerk. I like the grumpy bears that are actually just teddy bears underneath. lol! I really enjoyed the previous books in this series.

      Thanks! Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground