Review: Lucky by Carina Adams

Friday, March 17, 2017

Title: Lucky
Author: Carina Adams
Genre: M/F Romance
Publication Date: February 28, 2017
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon


Everyone loves Lucky # 7.

He’s the whole package – smart, athletic, and sexy as sin. 
A filthy talking bad boy, he can have any woman he wants.

Except me. 

A chance encounter. One unforgettable night. 
That’s all we could ever have. At least, that’s what we tell ourselves. 

Fate has other plans. 

If anyone found out, I would lose my job.
He could lose his scholarship. 
Some things are worth the risk. 

Sometimes, you have to cross your fingers, 
Roll the dice, and hope lady luck is on your side.



 Where have you been all my life, Carina Adams?!  Seriously, I loved this one!  When I was contacted about reviewing this book in exchange for an honest review, I almost said no because I am so behind on my ARCs, but I didn't, and I am SO glad I didn't.  This book promised a dirty talking, football playing, alpha hero in a forbidden romance with his college professor.  How could I say no to that?  I am happy to say that this one definitely delivered.

When Sunny and her best friend are out at a bar, the last thing Sunny expects is to end up flirting with the young hot bartender, Lucky.  With a little encouragement from her best friend, Sunny ends up leaving with him and proceeds to have a really hot one night stand.  Lucky wants to see her again but she convinces herself to leave it at the one night.  Imagine her surprise when she starts her brand new teaching job, and Lucky walks in as one of her students.  They tell each other that it can't happen because of her job and he doesn't want to get expelled or lose his scholarship, but they can't keep their hands off of each other.

One of the things that I was worried about not liking in this story was the age gap between Sunny and Lucky.  For some reason, in other stories it just wasn't my cup of tea.  I actually didn't end up minding it at all in this one!  The age gap is a nonissue for Lucky.  Sunny has moments when she feels insecure about it but I loved that she never made it into a huge deal or problem either.  Lucky has had a rough past and is very mature for his age, so I think that helped a lot.  I was also a little worried about ex drama, but that too was minimal at best.

This was what I would consider a feel good story.  It was low on the angst, and some of their banter had me laughing out loud.  The chemistry between the two of them was off the charts hot!  There were a good amount of steamy scenes in this one and I loved every page of it! lol!  Carina Adams did a great job of adding some really sweet tender moments between the two of them as well, so you were really rooting for them the whole time.

This was my very first read by Carina Adams and I would definitely recommend this one to anyone out there that loves a dirty talking alpha hero, with a tender side.  I will definitely be picking up more of Adams' books in the future!

* I received an free copy of this title in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own. *

Find It Here: 

4 comments:

  1. Oh I'm glad you liked this. I haven't read anything by Carina Adams but I will have to add her to my TBR! Love that its low angst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a nice break from the super angsty reads I've been reading lately. And super steamy too! lol Hope you love it if you get to check it out!

      Delete
  2. *waves*
    Hi

    I just saw the cover and had to see what it was about, lol. Sounds good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I really enjoyed this one. If you get a chance to check it out, I hope you love it too!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground