Waiting on Wednesday

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme where we have the opportunity to let others know about books that we are eagerly waiting for.

Hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Spindle Fire
Author: Lexa Hillyer
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Retelling
Publisher: HarperCollins

Releases On: April 11th 2017!

It all started with the burning of the spindles.
No.
It all started with a curse...

Half sisters Isabelle and Aurora are polar opposites: Isabelle is the king's headstrong illegitimate daughter, whose sight was tithed by faeries; Aurora, beautiful and sheltered, was tithed her sense of touch and her voice on the same day. Despite their differences, the sisters have always been extremely close.

And then everything changes, with a single drop of Aurora's blood--and a sleep so deep it cannot be broken.

As the faerie queen and her army of Vultures prepare to march, Isabelle must race to find a prince who can awaken her sister with the kiss of true love and seal their two kingdoms in an alliance against the queen.

Isabelle crosses land and sea; unearthly, thorny vines rise up the palace walls; and whispers of revolt travel in the ashes on the wind. The kingdom falls to ruin under layers of snow. Meanwhile, Aurora wakes up in a strange and enchanted world, where a mysterious hunter may be the secret to her escape . . . or the reason for her to stay.

Spindle Fire is the first book in a lush fantasy duology set in the dwindling, deliciously corrupt world of the fae and featuring two truly unforgettable heroines.


Why I'm waiting: If you've been around my blog for a while then you know I am a huge sucker for fairy tale retellings, and I haven't shut up about this book.  I have been on a major fantasy kick lately.  It sounds like it's going to be sooo good!  Soooo...is it April yet?? lol


What books are you waiting for?

20 comments:

  1. Great pick! We haven't seen much done with Sleeping Beauty in retellings and it has always a favorite of mine, so I'm pretty excited for it as well. My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen too many Sleeping Beauty retellings yet either, so I'm really excited about this one. The usual retellings that I've being seeing around are Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. lol!

      Delete
  2. This was my WoW as well! I have the ARC but haven't gotten too far in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy we are WoW twins for the day! lol! I hope you really enjoy this one. I haven't heard any reviews about it yet, but I have my fingers crossed that it will be a good one!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad this one is out soon. I've been waiting for it for such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I am definitely going to scoop it up ASAP! lol I haven't seen any arc reviews for it yet so I'm hoping it's as good as I'm hoping it is

      Delete
  4. I also love fairy-tale retellings; plus the cover for this one is stunning! I don't think I'll have time to read it before publication, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good audiobook narrator :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've still never tried audiobooks. I really need to because I think it would help let me get stuff done around the house. I've been procrastinating with a lot of things because I can't put books down sometimes. lol

      Delete
  5. Great pick! I can't wait to read this one too. Enjoy!

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it sounds like it's going to be sooo good! Can't wait!

      Delete
  6. This book is on Edelweiss, Julie! I didn't download it because I might wait for the series to be completed, but I'll probably binge-read the series then. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Julie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I requested it on Edelweiss but was denied, so I'm going to have to wait until it comes out to buy it. lol! I do the same things with series'. I'm not very good at being patient and waiting for the next book, so I wait for the whole series to be done (or almost done) and get them all. haha! So glad I'm not the only one!

      Hope you have a great week too! Thanks, Alyssa!

      Delete
  7. Oooh! This book looks interesting! I'll have to check it out!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it sounds like it's going to be so good. I haven't read too many reviews for it yet either so I'm still crossing my fingers that it's as good as I hope it is. lol!

      Delete
  8. I just saw this book on another blog but it was new to me before today. It sounds great. I hope you love it once you get a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carole! I think this one slid under a lot of people's radar. I can't wait to read it

      Delete
  9. Amazing pick! I am also so excited for this one, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE fairy tale retellings :) Hope we both enjoy!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get enough of the fairy-tale retellings. I know a lot of people are over them but I don't think I will ever be. lol! I'm a fairytale girl thru and thru! This one is a Sleeping Beauty retelling and I feel like there aren't too many of those yet. Thanks Amy! Hope you enjoy it when you get to read it!

      Delete
  10. This one is so fun and creative -- I think it's a great WoW pick and that you will love it when you get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm really excited about it

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground