Waiting on Wednesday

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

I've never actually shared a Waiting on Wednesday meme before, but I've seen them around so much that I thought I would give it a try!  Waiting on Wednesday is a meme where we have the opportunity to let others know about books that we are eagerly waiting for.

Hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: These Things I've Done
Author: Rebecca Phillips
Genre: Young Adult
Publisher: HarperTeen

Releases On: August 1st 2017!

A contemporary YA perfect for fans of Courtney Summers and Jessi Kirby, THESE THINGS I’VE DONE is the story of a seventeen-year-old girl who accidentally caused her best friend’s death and, a year later, is still grappling with the consequences.

Before:
Dara and Aubrey have been inseparable since they became best friends in sixth grade. However, as they begin their sophomore year of high school, cracks in their friendship begin to form, testing the bond they always thought was unbreakable.

After:
It's been fifteen months since the accident that killed Aubrey, and not a day goes by that Dara isn't racked with guilt over her role in her best friend's death. Dara thought nothing could be worse than confronting the memories of Aubrey that relentlessly haunt her, but she soon realizes it isn't half as difficult as seeing Ethan, Aubrey's brother, every day. Not just because he's a walking reminder of what she did, but because the more her feelings for him change, the more she knows she's betraying her best friend one final time.


Why I'm waiting: Ummm...did you not read that synopsis?! (jk lol!!)  I love forbidden romances, and I've been looking for a good book that would pull at my heartstrings a bit.  I've also read Faking Perfect by Rebecca Phillips (my review) and really loved it.  Super excited about this one!


What books are you waiting for?


14 comments:

  1. It's my first time hearing about this book, but it sounds so interesting! It will definitely break hearts, but hopefully the romantic aspects will balance out the sad parts :D That's what I got from the synopsis, anyway XD Hope you love it!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this one sounded really good too! I'm hoping the romance helps pull me through the sad parts. Thanks so much Brittany!

      Delete
  2. Oh! I hadn't seen this one before and it sounds really good. On my tbr it goes...

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha!! Glad I found a new one for ya! It does sound really good! I can't wait!

      Delete
  3. I read the synopsis and am hooked ~ Adding it to my wish list. Hope you really enjoy it!

    Renee ~ My CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm crossing my fingers for a review copy, but if not I will definitely be buying it asap!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Doesn't it?! I'm really excited about it, especially because I loved her last book so much!

      Delete
  5. Sounds interesting! I think a few of my high school students would LOVE this! I will have to check it out when it releases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha! I hope you get to check this one out. It sounds so good!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Ronyell! I loved Rebecca Phillips' book Faking Perfect so I definitely want to check this one out too

      Delete
  7. Gosh this book looks so familiar... maybe I saw it on Edelweiss. Forbidden romances are my thing! As long as love triangles aren't involved, of course. ;) I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Julie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of forbidden romances too! I haven't been on Edelweiss in a while so I'm not too sure if it's on there or not. I definitely can't handle the love triangles either. They make me crazy

      Thanks Alyssa! Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground