Monthly Review: April

Friday, April 28, 2017

A quick recap of all the happenings around my blog.

Most Popular Posts:

Reviews:
(all links take you to the review on my blog)

# of Reviews: 13

Average Rating: 4.2 Stars

How I'm Doing On My Reading Challenges:
(you can always click here to view current challenge updates)

Goodreads Challenge: 67 out of 200 books
Beat the Backlist: 14 out of 50 books
New Release Challenge:  47 out of 125 books

I'm still ahead with my Goodreads Challenge and the New Release Challenge, but I've really dropped the ball on my backlist this month, which is really disappointing since my backlist was one of my goals for this month.  I only read ONE book this month from my backlist.  I'm hoping I can play a little bit of catch up the next couple months. (If I can get myself to stop requesting so many ARCs. lol!)

What You Can Expect In May:

I've scheduled a lot less promotional posts for next month since they seem to be my least popular posts.  I mostly have 1 scheduled a week, except for the first week in May where I have 2.  I didn't want to completely get rid of them because they give my readers a chance to win something in a giveaway, and it's also a day where I don't have to worry about writing something, since they send me the code for pre-written posts.

I have quite a few posts written in advance so I should be able to stick to my blogging schedule.  I have a little bit of everything planned for May.  I will be participating in Top Ten Tuesdays, Waiting on Wednesday, and Stacking the Shelves/Sunday Post every week.  I also have reviews scheduled for some romances, young adult, and fantasy titles.


Follow Me Here:

What would you like to see more/less of on my blog?

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a great reading month!!! Man I wish I had a lot of posts scheduled. I am working on a week to week basis lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty good reading month. I hope I can keep it up. lol!

      Delete
  2. I love having posts scheduled in advance - I already know we have a lot of busy weekends in May, so that's going to cut down on the amount of time I have to prep posts! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like scheduling posts in advance cuts down on my stress and gives me time read and visit more blogs. It's also getting super gorgeous outside so I'm finding myself outside more. lol Hope you have a great reading month in May too!

      Delete
  3. Overall you're doing pretty well with your challenges! I can't believe it's time to plan my reading for May! That's scary! I've finally got moving on my non fiction reading which is a relief so I'm on track again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think I put too much pressure on myself with these challenges sometimes. I've got most of my ARC reading done for May now, so I'm hoping to add in some Backlist books, list/discussion posts. Glad to hear that you are back on track with your reading. Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Great month! I haven't even started thinking about May...I'm so behind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Samantha! I have most of my ARCs for May read already, so I'm pretty happy with that. I'm working on getting my Top Ten Tuesday posts scheduled in advance now. I'm not usually so on the ball but I hate stressing about posts so I'm trying to write them in advance now. lol

      Delete
  5. I'm a student, so I'm always astonished when I see the number of reviews other bloggers manage to fit into their month! Yours is a great number- I'm managing to do four a month ( once a week) along with a poem or two....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My husband is always amazed at how many books I read too. My only excuse is that I read really fast and have issues with insomnia. lol One a week is still really great, especially when you have a school workload on top of that. Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. April looks like it was a pretty good month for you! 13 reviews is awesome -- plus all the other posts. I struggle to get a good number month so I am impressed with how much you get done!

    Congrats on your challenges, too. I am trying to stay ahead of them this year so I don't spend the last four months catching up, lol.

    I also get the least involvement on my prom posts so I think this is a good way to balance them. They do help with numbers and they're quick and easy to format, lol. I thin your system sounds like a good mix ans vareity of posts, though. I try to do one or two TTTs, one WoW, a book haul, and a book tag every month to keep things fresh.

    Have a great May! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a great month! I used to do a lot of promotional posts but had to re-think it about a year ago. I stopped completely for a while. Then I started doing a few but only for books that I have read and would incorporate my review in the post. I now do a few more for books that I may not have read but have a real interest in but I limit it to just a handful per month. It is hard to find the right balance.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground