Series Review: Preslocke series by Ella Frank & Brooke Blaine

Friday, April 14, 2017

I have a confession:  I actually binge-read the first two books in one day and then read the third book a couple days later because I couldn't get enough.  Seriously, I'm obsessed!  I didn't want this series to end!  I loved it so much!  I would definitely recommend these to anyone that reads MM romance. 

I included the covers, links and synopsis' for each book in the series.  I just did one review/rating for all three books.  I figured that would be easiest since I technically rated them all the same.

Book #1

Ace Locke is Hollywood’s hottest action hero. Women across the globe fling their panties in his direction, but Ace isn’t interested in those—he’s more of a boxer briefs kind of guy. Specifically, those of the nearly naked male model on a billboard he drives past every day. 

Though he recently made headlines for his public coming out, Ace is wary about pursuing a relationship, fearing what the court of public opinion will do to his career. But there’s something in the model’s expression that intrigues him and has him wondering what if? 

Dylan Prescott just scored his biggest modeling campaign yet. One that has him plastered all over L.A. in not much more than what he was born with. And when he’s cast in Ace’s latest blockbuster, it puts him in close proximity to his ultimate fantasy. 

Outwardly confident, Dylan has no problem with his sexuality or his pretty-boy looks, and uses both to his advantage to get what he wants. And what he wants is the impossible—Ace Locke. 

From Ella Frank’s Sunset Cove series and Brooke Blaine’s L.A. Liaisons series comes a scorchingly hot novel that blends humor, passion, and romance.

What happens when these two worlds collide?
 


Book #2

“ACE LOCKE JETS OFF TO SIN CITY WITH MYSTERY MAN” 

Sorry, ladies—and fellas—Hollywood’s hottest action star, Ace Locke, is officially off the market! 

The man on Locke’s arm has been identified as Dylan Prescott, the sexy new “it” model currently featured in the latest Calvin Klein ads. Sources tell TNZ the men met on the set of Locke’s upcoming action film Insurrection 2, and that “they only have eyes for each other.” 
This is the first public gay relationship for Locke, who came out a year ago, and there has been much speculation on who would finally be the one to catch his eye. 

According to multiple eyewitnesses, Locke whisked Prescott away on his private jet for a romantic weekend at Syn, the most exclusive hotel on the Las Vegas Strip. After pictures recently surfaced of the new couple, affectionately named PresLocke, it appears from the possessive way Locke keeps his new beau close that things are heating up. 

The world is watching #PresLocke, and we’ll be sure to keep you up to date on this budding relationship! 


Book #3

Because you have believed in them,
Celebrated with them,
Loved and encouraged them,

Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine
Invite you to join

Ace Samuel Locke

and

Dylan Prescott

Saturday, the twenty-fourth of May
at six-o’clock in the evening

The Grand Floridian Hotel
4406 Palm Way
Orlando, Florida

For Love, Laughter and Happily Ever After



I read Ella Frank's Sunset Cove series and really loved it, so I knew I wanted to check out this one next.  I didn't realize that the PresLocke series is actually a spin-off from Sunset Cove, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the characters that I fell in love with from that series in this one.  There are a couple scenes sprinkled throughout the series with the recurring characters (you see them the most in Wedlocked), but I don't think you would be lost if you read this series before reading that one.  There are actually a few characters of Ella Frank's "Temptation" series in this one too, and I haven't read that one yet (but you can bet I'm going to change that soon!).

I was unfamiliar with Brooke Blaine's work until this series, but I am definitely going to be checking out more of her romances in the future.  There are characters that make appearances from her L.A. Liason's series in this series too.  But like I said, I have never read anything from BB before and I didn't feel lost at any time.  I think it will be fun going back to read about some of the couples mentioned in this one tho.  I would love to know their stories.  So I guess what I'm saying is, the secondary characters in this series rock, and I love them all. lol!

"You said when we get home tonight. Whose home did you mean?"
I caught his eyes with mine and then said with the utmost sincerity, 
"Anywhere you are."
Aced (Book #1)

I loved both of these Ace and Dylan so much. I can't figure out which one I loved more.  I thought for sure that I was going to be team Dylan, but Ace has his amazingly sweet moments. Ace is kind of arrogant, cocky, reserved, and has a possessive side.  He would do absolutely anything for Dylan, as he proves many times over in all 3 books.  Dylan is also pretty cocky, self-assured, and flirty, but he has a really insecure part of him as well.    I loved the banter between the two of them and the chemistry was explosive.  There are quite a few really steamy scenes throughout the series.  This was probably my favorite MM Romance since reading Him by Sarina Bowen.  I flew through all three books, and I'm stuck between wishing it would never end and being extremely satisfied with the ending.

“I love the way you bite your lip like that,” I said. “And I love the way you light up a room, just by being in it. I love how confident you are, and I love the rare occasion that has you turning adorably shy when you’re out of your element. I love how strong you are and the fearlessness you show when others would cower. You push me to be a better man and to fight for what and who I love.”
Wedlocked (Book #3)

What is your favorite MM Romance?  Have you read this series yet?

6 comments:

  1. I have been looking for another M/M series to try because I loved Him and Us so much. I will have to check these out!!! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do get to check these out then I hope you love them. Not sure if you have it or not but these are available thru Kindle Unlimited! Thanks Grace!

      Delete
  2. OOH! I don't read much Romance except for the occasional book here and there but this sounds quite great! I'll definitely check it out!

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan of romance. Especially mm romance lately. Hope if you do get to check these out that you love them!

      Delete
  3. Wow, I'm guessing you really enjoyed this series, eh? :D I like how the first two covers are really sexy but then the third cover is swoony and adorable. I like the progression. ;) I'm glad you liked the series, Julie!

    Have a wonderful weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yeah, I really loved this one a lot! That last cover really seems up the happy feelings I felt at the end of the series. So sooo good! Thanks Alyssa!

      Hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground