Waiting on Wednesday

Wednesday, April 19, 2017


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme where we have the opportunity to let others know about books that we are eagerly waiting for.

Hosted by Breaking the Spine


Title: There's Someone Inside Your House
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Genre: Thriller, Young Adult
Publisher: Dutton Books for Young Readers

Releases On: September 12th 2017!

You can find it on Goodreads

Scream meets YA in this hotly-anticipated new novel from the bestselling author of Anna and the French Kiss.

One-by-one, the students of Osborne High are dying in a series of gruesome murders, each with increasing and grotesque flair. As the terror grows closer and the hunt intensifies for the killer, the dark secrets among them must finally be confronted.

International bestselling author Stephanie Perkins returns with a fresh take on the classic teen slasher story that’s fun, quick-witted, and completely impossible to put down. 



Why I'm Waiting: It's being described as Scream meets YA, and if I'm being honest, the Scream movies totally creeped me out!  I've been on a hunt for some good sounding thrillers so this one sounds super good to me.  I actually saw this on someone's Wow post last week and had to add it to my TBR list right away.


What books are you waiting for?

16 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this one before! I thought the Scream movies were a good combo of scary and funny, so I might have to check this out! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I actually saw this on someone else's WoW post a couple weeks ago and immediately added it to my TBR. It sounds really good!

      Delete
  2. Stephanie Perkins writing a creepy thriller book!? That's so different from her contemporary (which I loveeeee). I will be adding this to my TBR! Plus that cover is creepy. I love it!

    Amber @ Escape Life in the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited too! I own Anna and the French Kiss but haven't read it yet. I was surprised when I saw that she wrote this because it's so different. I'm really excited to give it a try tho!

      Delete
  3. I am never a fan of scary movies but I did LOVE scream! I think because it wasn't just like a straight up gore fest or anything. There was actually a plot and stuff. But, if this book is a YA scream, that might be cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big fan of the gory scary movies either. They just end up grossing me out, not really scaring me. Scream creeped me out because it was just a bunch of dumb teenagers that were a little too obsessed with scary movies. lol

      Delete
  4. Well that is a terrifying title! I've never been good with scary movies and therefore stay away from scary books too lol, but I can see why you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! haha! My husband laughs at me when I try to watch horror movies because at the time I don't find them scary but when I lay down to go to bed they are suddenly terrifying. lol! I make him go to bed with me after I've watched one. haha. I'm a big sissy

      Delete
  5. That title though. o_o This book is very different compared to her previous books! I hope you enjoy this new one when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Julie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa! I've trying to switch up my genres a little bit. I've been reading a lot of YA, romance, and fantasy so I thought I would mix it up with a thriller type. lol!

      Delete
  6. That is an awesome cover and I need this!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I really love the cover...even the cover is creepy! lol

      Delete
  7. I'm a big fan of the Scream films though I haven't seen the fourth one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the 4th one but I don't remember too much about it. The movies freaked me out but I still watched them all. lol!

      Delete
  8. I'm crazy excited about this book!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground