Waiting on Wednesday

Wednesday, May 10, 2017


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme where we have the opportunity to let others know about books that we are eagerly waiting for.

Hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Our Dark Duet
Author: Victoria Schwab
Series: Monsters of Verity #2
Genre: YA, paranormal
Publisher: Greenwillow Books

Releases On: June 13th 2017!

Find it on Goodreads

Kate Harker is a girl who isn’t afraid of the dark. She’s a girl who hunts monsters. And she’s good at it. August Flynn is a monster who can never be human, no matter how much he once yearned for it. He’s a monster with a part to play. And he will play it, no matter the cost.

Nearly six months after Kate and August were first thrown together, the war between the monsters and the humans is terrifying reality. In Verity, August has become the leader he never wished to be, and in Prosperity, Kate has become the ruthless hunter she knew she could be. When a new monster emerges from the shadows—one who feeds on chaos and brings out its victim’s inner demons—it lures Kate home, where she finds more than she bargained for. She’ll face a monster she thought she killed, a boy she thought she knew, and a demon all her own.


Why I'm Waiting: Remember how I told you I'm kind of a crazy person that likes to wait until multiple books in a series are out so I can binge read them together?  Yep, this is one of those cases.  I have the first book waiting for me on my Kindle, and I have a feeling I'm going to want to read the second book right away after reading the first so I'm trying to wait for this one to release and just binge read them both.  I can't stand waiting to know what's going to happen! lol

What Books Are You Looking Forward To?


10 comments:

  1. Great choice this week! I'm glad I'm not the only one who will hold series books and then binge read them. I have This Savage Song waiting on my Kindle as well, just waiting for this second book to come out, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yayyy! So glad I'm not the only one that does that. I'm just sooo bad at waiting. lol! I need to know what happens right away. I sometimes do the same thing with tv shows.

      Delete
  2. I have the first book waiting for me as well. I haven't had time to read it so why not wait till both are out.
    I hope we both enjoy the series :)
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! I haven't been pushing myself to read the first one because I know the second one is so close to coming out and I want to read them together. lol! Fingers crossed that we both love it!

      Delete
  3. Ok, I didn't know about this title, but now I want to add both first and second instalment to my TBR pile and read them one after the other. Does that make me crazy, too? Because as I see it, it's just a pretty amazing thinking! ;)

    Thanks for sharing such a very interesting book, and for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha hey, it looks like we are in good company because a lot of people are saying they like to wait and read them together too. lol.

      Thanks, Silvia!

      Delete
  4. Only a month to go! I'm so excited about this book. Schwab is ending two series this year, I'm sure she must be so excited and very sad too. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fantastic week, Julie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited to give these ones a try. It sounds sooo good!

      Thanks, Alyssa! Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  5. I still need to read this author. I totally agree about waiting for books to all be out to binge them!!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha so glad I am not the only one that does this. lol! I just really hate waiting. I NEED to know what happens. Thanks, Grace!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground