Waiting on Wednesday

Wednesday, May 17, 2017


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme where we have the opportunity to let others know about books that we are eagerly waiting for.

Hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Fireblood
Author: Elly Blake
Series: Frostblood Saga #2
Genre: Fantasty, YA
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Releases On: September 12th 2017!

Find It On Goodreads

In this action-packed sequel to Frostblood, the future of Ruby's world and a court ruled by the love of her life depends on the uncovered secrets of her past..

Against all odds, Ruby has defeated the villainous Frost King and melted his throne of ice. But the bloodthirsty Minax that was trapped inside is now haunting her kingdom and everyone she loves. The answers to its demise may lie to the south in Sudesia, the land of the Firebloods, and a country that holds the secrets to Ruby's powers and past....

Despite warnings from her beloved Arcus, Ruby accompanies a roguish Fireblood named Kai to Sudesia, where she must master her control of fire in a series of trials to gain the trust of the suspicious Fireblood queen. Only then can she hope to access the knowledge that could defeat the rampaging Minax--which grows closer every moment. But as sparks fly in her moments alone with Kai, how can Ruby decide whom to trust? The fate of both kingdoms is now in her hands.


Why I'm Waiting: Yep, this is another week where I prove again how crazytown (as my sister says) I am and admit that I haven't read the first book yet, and I'm waiting for the second one to come out so I can read them together.  I realize there's going to be a third book so I figure by the time I'm done binge reading them both maybe the wait for the third won't be so bad....or it will be worse! lol!  Or I'll take so long to read them that the third will come out right as I finish the second one?  That's what I'm hoping for anyway.  I'm seriously a crazy person.  I can't stand waiting to know what happens. Does anyone else do this? lol


What books are you looking forward to?


13 comments:

  1. Really nice cover on this one! Hope you get your hands on it soon...September releases seem ages away right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one does have a great cover! Thanks, and yeah, I don't want to think about September yet. lol! I want the summer to last as long as possible.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read the first one, but hopefully this will be a good series for you. I don't really wait on purpose - I'm just bad with series, and I tend to not read a lot of the new, hyped books right away so when I DO get to some, the whole series is usually out or almost out. haha

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! Sometimes that happens with me too. I really didn't think I was going to read Cinder so I didn't bother with the series at first. But then EVERYONE kept telling me to give it a chance so I did and now I'm reading through them all. lol!

      Delete
  3. I'm excited but also nervous about this book... I'm not really looking forward to the love triangle, but at the same time, I can't wait to see where the story goes in general (minus the romance). I may wait to binge-read the second and third book. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a lovely week, Julie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahhhh, I did get a heads up about the infamous love triangle, so I am bummed about that. I'm hoping it's not too bad. Thanks, Alyssa!

      Hope you are having a great week too!

      Delete
  4. I totally get waiting to binge read a series. I plan on doing that with some other that are out. Otherwise I forget to pick up the new books when they come out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha same! I'm worried that I'll completely forget the storyline (or at least key points) too. But mostly it's because I'm a crazy person and I can't handle not knowing what's going to happen

      Delete
  5. Oh- I'm waiting on this one too. I still am in two minds about my rating for the first one (I rated it 3 stars originally and then upped it to 4 stars but I think I'll need to just reread it before I read the second one and THEN I can truly decide where my heart lies. :)

    I struggle with the wait for books to be released as well. I do love binging a complete series but there's something delicious about anticipating the next book in a series that you already know that you love. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I have a friend that LOVES the anticipation of waiting. She thinks it builds up her love for the story. And she's also the type that will be waiting in the long line at the book store to grab a physical copy on release day. lol!

      Delete
  6. I need to read the first book still, I've been on hold for it at the library for like two months now.
    I hope we both enjoy this one when it comes out :)
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love this cover, very cool. I've heard a lot of good things about book 1 so hopefully this one is awesome too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked but didn't love the first book but I am very excited to see where the story is going in this second one. Hopefully this second book will convince me to like it a little more than I did.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground