Waiting on Wednesday

Wednesday, May 24, 2017


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme where we have the opportunity to let others know about books that we are eagerly waiting for.

Hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: What To Say Next
Author: Julie Buxbaum
Genre: YA
Publisher: Delacorte Press

Releases On: July 11th 2017!

Find It On Goodreads

From the New York Times bestselling author of Tell Me Three Things comes a charming and poignant story about two struggling teenagers who find an unexpected connection just when they need it most. For fans of Sophie Kinsella, Jennifer Niven, and Rainbow Rowell.

Sometimes a new perspective is all that is needed to make sense of the world.

KIT: I don’t know why I decide not to sit with Annie and Violet at lunch. It feels like no one here gets what I’m going through. How could they? I don’t even understand.

DAVID: In the 622 days I’ve attended Mapleview High, Kit Lowell is the first person to sit at my lunch table. I mean, I’ve never once sat with someone until now. “So your dad is dead,” I say to Kit, because this is a fact I’ve recently learned about her. 

When an unlikely friendship is sparked between relatively popular Kit Lowell and socially isolated David Drucker, everyone is surprised, most of all Kit and David. Kit appreciates David’s blunt honesty—in fact, she finds it bizarrely refreshing. David welcomes Kit’s attention and her inquisitive nature. When she asks for his help figuring out the how and why of her dad’s tragic car accident, David is all in. But neither of them can predict what they’ll find. Can their friendship survive the truth?


Why I'm Waiting: What can I say, I love awkward characters!  David seems like he fits that bill really well.  This is also suggested for fans of Rainbow Rowell and she's my favorite YA author, so I have to check it out.


What books are you waiting for?


10 comments:

  1. I thought her debut book was over hyped, but I've been hearing good things about this one, so I might give this one a try. I'm a fan of awkward characters too. They are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read her first book, but I heard a lot of mixed reviews about it. This one sounds like one I would really love. I haven't seen too many early reviews for it yet tho. We'll see how it goes. lol! I'm a huge fan of the awkward characters too. I have a big soft spot for them

      Delete
  2. This is my first time hearing about this book, but it sounds really interesting.
    I hope you enjoy it when it comes out :)
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It sounds like it's going to be a really good one. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. I'm excited for this one too! I have a copy on the top on my TBR pile, waiting for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh lucky!! I hope you end up loving it!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hope if you get a chance to read it, that you love it!

      Delete
  5. I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH! It was so wonderful, and beautifully written. Definitely worth reading. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Julie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh!! Yessss!! You just made me even more excited for this one. lol! I will definitely be adding it to my TBR now! Thanks, Alyssa!

      Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground