Double Review: Imago & Imagines by N.R. Walker

Monday, June 12, 2017

Title: Imago
Author: N.R. Walker
Series: Imago, #1
Genre: MM Romance
Publisher: BlueHeart Press
Publication Date: February 18th 2017
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon

Nerdy, introverted genius lepidopterist, Lawson Gale, is an expert on butterflies. He finds himself in a small town in Tasmania on a quest from an old professor to find an elusive species that may or may not even exist.

Local Parks and Wildlife officer, Jack Brighton, is an ordinary guy who loves his life in the sleepy town of Scottsdale. Along with his Border collie dog, Rosemary, his job, and good friends, he has enough to keep from being lonely.

But then he meets Lawson, and he knows he’s met someone special. There’s more to catching butterflies, Jack realises. Sometimes the most elusive creatures wear bow ties, and sometimes they can’t be caught at all.

Lawson soon learns there are butterflies he can’t learn about it in books. They exist only in a touch, in a kiss, in a smile. He just has to let go first, so these butterflies can fly.

Imago is the story of finding love, bow ties, and butterflies.




I absolutely loved this one. I feel like you can't go wrong with a N.R. Walker book.  She can do no wrong, in my eyes. lol!  It's a sweet story with two really likable MC's, although I do have to say that Lawson stole my heart with his adorkable-ness (that's a word, I swear!..okay that's a lie). I have a weak spot for geeks, but I also love the, rugged outdoorsy types too.

Lawson Gale specializes in the study of butterflies. He's flown to Tasmania to meet up with a colleague who wants him to go in search of a butterfly that has never been documented before. He saw it when he was young but couldn't find it again. While on the flight, he meets Jack Brighton.  Jack lives in Tasmania  and works as a Parks and Wildlife officer.  When Jack first sees Lawson he is immediately attracted to him and finds his bowties and shyness really endearing. He sees that Lawson is having issues getting a rental and offers to drive him to his meeting with his collegue.  After some hesitation Lawson agrees, and Jack is able to talk him into having dinner with him that night.  When he finds out Lawson is going to be searching out where he works, he also offers to be his tour guide.  Lawson is only visiting for the week but Jack thinks there is something great between them and wants it to work.  They have to figure out how or if they want it to work, or if this is just a fun short time attraction.

 I loved that Jack could have been portrayed as this big tough outdoorsy guy, but instead he was a really easygoing, social guy.  I liked that it broke the stereotype that all outdoorsy men are the grunt and growl-y types. He was such a sweetheart.  The dates between the two of them were so adorable.  They were so different but had so much chemistry together.  There were some great steamy moments between the two of them but i didn't ever seem like it was too much.  I loved them together!  There wasn't one thing about this story that I didn't love.  I just didn't want it to end....which is why I was so excited there was a second book! lol  This is one that I can definitely see myself wanting to read again and again.


Find It Here:


Title: Imagines
Author: N.R. Walker
Series: Imago, #2
Genre: M/M Romance
Publication Date: April 8th 2017
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon

Jack Brighton and Lawson Gale have been together for six months and are very much in love. Lawson’s work ensuring the survival of the Tillman Copper is as demanding as ever, and Jack’s work with the regeneration of the bushfire-ravaged national park is just as hectic.

When Jack suggests they take a short trip, Lawson agrees. But then he is offered a two-week research position in tropical Queensland to help determine why the Ulysses butterfly is on the decline. Figuring they could combine work and pleasure, Jack and Lawson go on their first vacation together.

Working alongside renowned professor Piers Bonfils isn’t easy. But personal and professional differences aside, Lawson is offered a more permanent role in Queensland. Torn between his new life in Tasmania with Jack and a dying species of butterfly he feels compelled to save, Lawson has to decide where his fate lies.

But fate changes the rules. On a research expedition into the depths of the rainforest, suddenly it's not only the butterflies’ existence that hangs in the balance.

A butterfly’s life cycle never changes. From larvae to imago, their course is plotted by design. Jack and Lawson need to determine where they stand, if they live through it. Because the only thing more incredible than one imago is two.



I'll keep this review short and sweet.  I've noticed a lot of times that when an author takes a couple you already love and tries to make a second book about them that it almost always ends up falling short....I'm so glad to say that this one didn't at all!  If anything, I thought this one solidified them even stronger as a couple.  When we leave them at the end of the first book we have what I would consider a strong HFN ending, but this one cements them firmly into the HEA category and I loved it.  I'm half sad that it's ending but also really satisfied with how everything ended.  Great series!

Find It Here:

10 comments:

  1. Yeah I'm always wary when an author takes a happy couple she's already written a book for and writes them another story. I'm glad this was a hit though! Both books sound great, and I love the sound of those characters, especially! :)
    Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nick! I really loved these two books, and I'm so happy that the second book was done just as well as the first book. It's so rare when that happens. I will definitely be rereading this one again and again. I loved these two.

      Delete
  2. Wow, two 5-star ratings! I've been looking for a new great M/M romance and I do love adorkable characters, plus your rave review definitely made me want to try these :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved these two so much! I can definitely see myself picking them up again and again because I loved the characters so much. It's exactly the kind of story I needed at that time too. I hope you love them if you get to check them out!

      Delete
  3. I love a couple with great chemistry. Glad the second book was as strong as the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy that the second book didn't disappoint. I feel like the second one always has a lot to live up to and I think this one made the first one even stronger.

      Delete
  4. The covers totally caught my eye, and aww, these do sound like cute stories with sweet characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved them both so much! I will definitely be picking this one up again when I'm in the mood for a sweet romance

      Delete
  5. Never heard of the author but that cover and your review, so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've loved almost every N.R. Walker book I've read so far. They are some of my favorites in the mm romance genre

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground