Monthly Review

Friday, June 30, 2017

A quick recap of all the happenings around my blog.

Popular Posts:

Reviews:

# of Reviews: 20

Average Rating: 3.7

How I'm Doing On My Reading Challenges:
(you can always click here to view current challenge updates)

Goodreads Challenge: 102 out of 200 books
Beat the Backlist:   19 out of 50 books
New Release Challenge:  72 out of 125 books

I'm doing pretty good on my Goodreads Challenge and the New Release Challenge, but I've fallen pretty behind on the Beat the Backlist Challenge.  I have 4 backlist books worked into my schedule for next month, and I've tried to slow down with requesting ARCs so I can read read book from my backlist.  Hopefully, I can catch back up soon!

What you can expect in July:

The month of July is probably going to look a lot like June.  This past month I posted a lot more reviews than I have previous months because I got a little too overexcited with requesting ARCs.  I have a lot of book reviews in mind for next month, but I've also been really enjoying the lists posts.  I may cut back on the Waiting on Wednesday posts tho.  Instead of doing those every Wednesday, I may just do one every other week so I can work in more reviews.  I will also be posting my one art post.  This month I'm going to share my Wolverine painting.  It's looking like I will be posting it the 3rd Friday in July.

Follow Me Here:

What would you like to see more/less of on my blog?  How was your May?

14 comments:

  1. You're rocking it with the reviews! I need your motivation to write all these reviews in a month! ;)
    I'm excited to see your new artwork this month. And I'm always down for list posts. They are so much fun to read.
    Hope you have a good July! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nick! I think I've lost my steam the past couple weeks tho. I think I'm going to be pushing it next month with some of my reviews. There's sooo many! lol I'm trying to keep it a one post a day too...but we'll see. lol

      Thanks so much! I'm glad I started sharing my art posts. It's really excited (and a teeny bit scary!) to see what people think. I think I'm going to start a Wonder Woman painting soon!

      List posts are some of my favorites too!

      Hope you have a great July too!

      Delete
  2. You've made good progress on your Goodreads and your New Release challenges and there is still half a year for your backlog list. Reviews are the one thing I'm lagging a bit on as they take so long to write in my case! Good luck for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I try to writemy reviews as soon as I finish the books so I don't forget anything that I wanted to mention. It helps when everything is fresh in my mind. If I don't write it right away, I struggle and sometimes just decide not to write it at all.

      Delete
  3. Even with the slowdown on backlist books, looks like you read some great ones so it was worth it. :) Good that you can reset for July and tackle your old ones. I need to keep at my goal of taking less new ones, too.

    Have a great July, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did really well with not getting a bunch of new books this week but we'll see if I can keep that up. lol! I really want to read some of these books on my shelves and Kindle.

      Hope you have a great July too!

      Delete
  4. wow you had a great reviewing month! Way to go! I am always behind on my backlist books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I have a bad habit of pushing my backlist books aside for new ARCs, but I really want to check some of them off my list this year.

      Delete
  5. I need to catch up on a few reviews but I'm doing well with my reading so far.

    Great month for you!

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that you've been doing well with your reading so far! I always feel like I'm running behind. lol

      Thanks, Karen!

      Delete
  6. Lots of Santino Hassell! I'm just starting his upcoming Illegal Contact tonight and really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love Illegal Contact. I enjoyed it but not quite as much as his Community series and the Cyberlove series that he co-wrote with Megan Erickson. Hassell is definitely a new favorite of mine

      Delete
  7. How have you reviewed so many books in one month? I mean, that's a lot and I thought I was doing insanely well with my review figures. I think you're doing pretty well with your challenges. I'm slowing down with my ARC requests because I too frequently ignore the books on my shelves because of it. ARCs are getting in the way of me conquering my TBR. As much as I love getting books before their release I may have to prioritise books I already own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks so much! I have always been a super fast reader, and this month I've had issues with insomnia so I got a little extra reading done. lol And we also had a lot of rainy days. I definitely need to cut back on ARCs for a while until I can catch up and stop neglecting my shelves.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground