Review: Wedding Favors by Anne Tenino

Monday, June 19, 2017

Title: Wedding Favors
Author: Anne Tenino
Series: Bluewater Bay, #7
Genre: MM Romance
Publisher: Riptide Publishing
Publication Date: April 13th 2015


Lucas Wilder’s best friend is a traitor. First, Audrey moved back to their hick-infested hometown, Bluewater Bay, and now she’s marrying a local. His own brother, in fact. And as her man of honor, Lucas gets coerced into returning for an extended stay. Although, between his unfaithful ex-boyfriend and his artist’s block, going home isn’t the worst thing that could happen. Even if the best man is Gabriel Savage, Lucas’s first crush, first hookup, and first heartbreak.

The only reason Gabe hasn’t been waiting for Lucas to return to Bluewater Bay is because he never thought it’d happen. Not that it matters now that Lucas is back—Gabe’s still a logger who’s never been anywhere (Canada doesn’t count), and Lucas is now a famous sculptor who’s been everywhere twice. Plus, there’s that shared past.

When Audrey asks Lucas to make her wedding favors, the only place to set up a kiln is at Gabe’s tree farm. Soon, they pick up where they left off twelve years before, then blow past it, discovering why neither of them forgot the other. Now they have to choose how much of their history they’ll repeat, and what future they’ll make together.



Wedding Favors is the seventh book in the Bluewater Bay series.  All of the books in this series can be read as standalones, which is good because there are 18 books in the series so far!  I have only read 3 books in this series (and they weren't in order), and I didn't feel as if I was missing anything at any time.  Out of the 3 books I've read so far, this one was my favorite.  It's a second chance romance, which happens to be one of my favorite tropes.

Lucas is just getting out of a long time relationship with his cheating ex, when his best friend calls and informs him that not only is she getting married but she's getting married to his brother.  She asks Lucas to be her "Man of Honor" and asks him to come back to their home town to help her plan the wedding.  Lucas hates the small town that he came from and always felt like he was an outcast.  His best friend also drops the bombshell that Gabe is going to be his brother's best man.  Gabe and Lucas have a history.  Right before Lucas left town all those years ago things happened between them and then he felt like Gabe blew him off. Lucas is not thrilled that he's going to have to see Gabe again. Gabe is okay with all of this because he still has feelings for Lucas and feels like they have unfinished business. He thinks that with Lucas being in town maybe he can "finish scratching that itch" and get Lucas out of his system for good.

Niether one of the male MCs ever felt like they had truly gotten over each other, so the chemistry and the feeling of unfinished business between them was sizzling.  This one was a bit of a slow burn because of the issues between them, so there is a lot of build up.  The sex scenes were smoking hot but because they had real emotion whether they wanted to admit it or not. Lucas never felt like he could completely be himself in bed with his kinks while he was with his ex, but with Gabe was able to open up.  There were some amazingly sweet moments between the two of them that I loved too but I don't want to say them, and give away the "aww" moments. lol!

The only reason this wasn't a 5 stars is the lack of communication between the guys. That's one of those things that drive me a little crazy.  I understand that the story needed some of it to create a little bit of angst, but come on people, is it really too hard to open your mouth and talk!  Grr! Another things I wish was talked a little bit more about was Lucas' relationships with his family.  Why aren't him and his brother close?  They never really said.  I also would have liked Lucas and his father to have had a long talk.  We learn that Lucas' dad originally didn't take the news of hearing Lucas was gay well at all.  And then the next time the see each other his dad is extremely friendly but there's never any talk about it, and I think it would have strengthened the story and their relationship if there was.  That's just my opinion, of course!

I've never read anything else by this author, but I definitely want to in the future.  Like I said, this was probably my favorite book from the Bluewater Bay series so far.  I would also like to pick up a couple more from this series because I like the environment that the story takes place.  There are a lot of great opportunities for some good stories.

* I received a free copy of this title via Riptide Publishing in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own. *

Find It Here:

2 comments:

  1. I *think* I've read something by her before but I need to look. Sounds cute overall despite a few quibbles.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did end up really enjoying this one, even with the little issues I had with it. I definitely want to gives more books by Anne Tenino a try.

      Thanks, Karen!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground