Waiting on Wednesday

Wednesday, June 14, 2017


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme where we have the opportunity to let others know about books that we are eagerly waiting for.

Hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Daughter of the Burning City
Author: Amanda Foody
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Releases On: July 25th 2017!

Sixteen-year-old Sorina has spent most of her life within the smoldering borders of the Gomorrah Festival. Yet even among the many unusual members of the traveling circus-city, Sorina stands apart as the only illusion-worker born in hundreds of years. This rare talent allows her to create illusions that others can see, feel and touch, with personalities all their own. Her creations are her family, and together they make up the cast of the Festival’s Freak Show.

But no matter how lifelike they may seem, her illusions are still just that—illusions, and not truly real. Or so she always believed…until one of them is murdered.

Desperate to protect her family, Sorina must track down the culprit and determine how they killed a person who doesn’t actually exist. Her search for answers leads her to the self-proclaimed gossip-worker Luca, and their investigation sends them through a haze of political turmoil and forbidden romance, and into the most sinister corners of the Festival. But as the killer continues murdering Sorina’s illusions one by one, she must unravel the horrifying truth before all of her loved ones disappear. 


Why I'm waiting:  First of all, that cover!!  I love it!  Secondly, I'm really fascinated by the circus and illusionist aspect of it.  This one sounds so good and like it's going to be full of action.  Also, I can't help but notice they mention a forbidden romance...and we all know how much I love those!! lol


What books are you waiting for?

10 comments:

  1. I am so excited for this one too! I was able to snag an e-arc and I'll be reading it in a few weeks. I'm a sucker for all things circus so I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, that's awesome! I can't wait to see what you think about it!

      Delete
  2. This one sounds great. I love the whole premise and that it's a bit of a mystery!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too! It's sounds sooo good!

      Delete
  3. I've heard so many amazing things about this one. I hope we both love it when we get around to reading it :)
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aneta Bak! I'm really excited about this one!

      Delete
  4. Oh I just saw this book on Edelweiss! I was going to download it but then I decided not to. I love the purple cover though. :D Happy reading, Julie!

    Have a wonderful weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I think I did the same thing. I'm so swamped with ARCs right now that I'm afraid to take on too many more. lol Thanks Alyssa!

      Hope you have a great week!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground