Waiting on Wednesday

Wednesday, June 21, 2017


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme where we have the opportunity to let others know about books that we are eagerly waiting for.

Hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Irresistible You
Author: Kate Meader
Series: Chicago Rebels, #1
Genre: Romance
Publisher: Pocket Star

Releases On: August 14th, 2017!

Harper Chase has just become the most powerful woman in the NHL after the death of her father Clifford Chase, maverick owner of the Chicago Rebels. But the team is a hot mess—underfunded, overweight, and close to tapping out of the league. Hell-bent on turning the luckless franchise around, Harper won’t let anything stand in her way. Not her gender, not her sisters, and especially not a veteran player with an attitude problem and a smoldering gaze designed to melt her ice-compacted defenses.

Veteran center Remy “Jinx” DuPre is on the downside of a career that’s seen him win big sponsorships, fans’ hearts, and more than a few notches on his stick. Only one goal has eluded him: the Stanley Cup. Sure, he’s been labeled as the unluckiest guy in the league, but with his recent streak of good play, he knows this is his year. So why the hell is he being shunted off to a failing hockey franchise run by a ball-buster in heels? And is she seriously expecting him to lead her band of misfit losers to a coveted spot in the playoffs?

He’d have a better chance of leading Harper on a merry skate to his bed…


Why I'm waiting: I decided to mix things up a little this week and go with a romance because I LOVE Kate Meader!  She writes a great steamy romance.  This one is the first book in her brand new series, "Chicago Rebels", and I'm sure I will be reading each and every one of them. lol!  I also really love hockey romances.


What books are you waiting for?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book or author before, but I hope you love this book! Thanks for sharing!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh I love Kate Meader! lol! She's one of my "go-to's" when I'm looking for something really steamy. Thanks, Brittany!

      Delete
  2. Hope you enjoy it when you get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I actually ended up getting this one for review! I'm super excited to check it out

      Delete
  3. Sports romance and hockey? Yes, please. I read one of the Hot in Kitchen books and I thought it was great. I will have to put this on my TBR.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I am the same way! I love steamy romances and sports, so I can't wait to read this one. I haven't gotten to read her Hot in Kitchen series but I've heard great things about it. Hope you get to check this one out too!

      Delete
  4. I love Kate Meader's books! Well, one of the fireman books of hers that I read was just okay, but I LOVED her Entangled Brazen books. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Julie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan of Kate Meader too! She writes some great steamy romances. Thanks so much, Alyssa!

      Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground