Quickie Reviews: Unscripted Love & Summer Heat

Thursday, July 20, 2017



Unscripted Love by Aimee Nicole Walker
Synopsis: Kyle Vaughn had three goals in life: become a vet, find the man of his dreams, and start a family. He easily checked off the first item on the list when he took over his grandfather’s veterinary practice. Too bad he wasn’t as lucky in love.

Chaz Hamilton took a leap of faith when he decided to pursue a career in writing, but one best seller didn’t mean he could quit his day job. All work and no play threatened to make Chaz a very dull man when the only romantic action he saw was in the pages of his manuscript. Too bad he couldn’t write his own happily every after.

Circumstances pushed the two men together, and one magical kiss beneath fireworks and stars changed everything. Kyle knew his luck had finally turned around and Chaz found a man far better than any book boyfriend ever written. There was just one problem. Chaz has kept a secret from Kyle that could ruin their chance at a beautiful life together.

Kyle and Chaz learn that the best-laid plans often go awry, the heart has a mind of its own, and the greatest love is unscripted.
Review:  Unscripted Love is a spin off book of the "Curl Up and Dye" series.  It says that this one could be read as a stand alone without reading the other stories first, but I disagree.  I luckily read all of the books before this one, so I wasn't lost, but I think someone that was brand new to this one would be a little confused with all the different characters.  I was really looking forward to this one because they introduced these characters in the previous books and I wanted to see them get their happily ever after.  I enjoyed it but we have a case of "the big secret" that we hear about throughout the whole book that doesn't come out until the end.  I knew that was going to be a big thing with this one but I really wish Chaz would have just spilled the beans earlier so we didn't have to repeatedly hear about it.  It was also pretty anticlimactic when Kyle did find out.  They were really sweet together tho, so I still liked it.

Find It Here: Goodreads


Summer Heat by Jay Northcote
Synopsis: A summer fling is an ideal cure for a broken heart. But when it’s with your best friend, things get complicated.

When Adam is dumped by his boyfriend, a week away at a beach resort seems like a great opportunity to get over his ex. Sun, sea, and no-strings sex will be just the boost he needs to move on with his life.

Adam’s best friend, Finn, agrees to accompany him at short notice. Finn’s had a crush on Adam for years, but is determined to put his feelings aside and be the perfect wingman in Adam’s time of crisis.

A spontaneous threesome with another guy forces Adam and Finn to confront their attraction to each other. Having a holiday fling together wasn’t part of the plan, and as their trip heats up, they soon realise that one night of fun won’t be enough for either of them.

The passion might be scorching, but their hearts and friendship are on the line. If their romance is going to survive the flight home, they have to be honest about what they want.
Review: A sizzling friends-to-lovers romance with no angst. Involves a threesome that serves as a way for them to end up really getting together. Lots of steamy scenes and some sweet moments, but nothing that really "wowed" me or that would make me remember this one a month or so from now.

Find It Here: Goodreads

6 comments:

  1. Agree with you on Summer Heat. It was steamy and I enjoy friends to more but eh...

    The first one sounds great but I hate when they draw out the *big secret*. It's always a let down by the time you get to it.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just felt like Summer Heat was missing something. It wasn't bad, just meh. lol

      I love Aimee Nicole Walker's books. The big secret in this one drove me super crazy tho. I took soooo long for it to come out and I just wanted to smack him in the back of the head to get him to spit it out. lol

      Delete
  2. Both sounds like some great summer reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were both great reads for summer, that's for sure. I want to go to a fun beach resort like in Summer Heat (just maybe not necessarily a gay resort. lol)

      Delete
  3. Sorry Summer Heat wasn't a big WOW book, but I'm glad you enjoyed the other book. Good to know you should read the others first.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't hate Summer Heat, it just wasn't one that was overly original or has anything in it that made it stick out for me. I love all of Aimee Nicole Walkers books, but yeah, I would say it would make more sense if you read the previous series before that one.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground