The Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Tuesday, July 4, 2017


This is actually the first tag that I've participated in on my blog (I think?), so I'm really excited to give this one a try.  I thought it would be a fun way to recap the highs and lows for the year too!

Currently, I have read 103 books of my total goal of 200  books to be read this year. I am right on track so far!

Best Book I've Read So Far In 2017
I can't pick just one so here's my top 3
Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde - Review | Goodreads
Flame In The Mist by Renee Ahdieh - Review | Goodreads
Mature Content by Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell - Review | Goodreads

Best Sequel You've Read In 2017
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - Review | Goodreads
Okay, I'm a little late to the party with this series but I'm loving it so far!

New Release You Haven't Read Yet But Want To
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon - Goodreads
Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts - Goodreads
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli - Goodreads
Man, I'm horrible at picking just one!  I just bought all three of these so hopefully I'll get to read them soon!

Most Anticipated Release For Second Half of 2017
Renegades by Marissa Meyer - Goodreads

Biggest Disappointment
Words in Deep Blue - Cath Crowley - Goodreads
Don't hate me, but I really didn't love this one.  I'm the unpopular opinion though so don't completely take my word for it.  I went into this one expecting to absolutely love it, so I think that's why I was so disappointed.  Second chance romance that mostly takes place in a bookshop??  It really should have been a winner for me.  Still bummed.

Biggest Surprise
Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser - Review | Goodreads
I was really dragging my feet when it came to reading this one, but I'm so glad I did because I ended up really enjoying it.

Favorite New Author
Santino Hassell
I love Megan Erickson and I read just about everything that she writes and she co-wrote a series with Santino Hassell called Cyberlove that I really love, so I decided to give more of his books a try and have really enjoyed each one.  I'm currently hooked on his Community series

Newest Favorite Character
Taylor from Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
I was able to relate to her really well with struggles with anxiety and awkwardness.  She was adorable and I loved her.
AND
Thorne from The Lunar Chronicle series by Marissa Meyer
I've only read Cinder and Scarlet so far but there's something about Thorne that I really love already.  I know the 3rd book is a little more focused on him and I can't wait to read it.  I felt like he had a Han Solo vibe to him, and I'm a giant nerd and will never not have a crush on Han Solo. lol!

Book That Made You Cry
Surrender the Dark by Tibby Armstrong - Review | Goodreads
I don't cry often because a stone cold ice queen. haha!  Just kidding, I don't really cry often because I avoid books that sound like they could be sad.  I hate crying. This one surprised me. I didn't expect it to hit me in the feels, but it definitely got me to tear up...not quite actually crying but it got me. lol.

Book That Made You Happy
Geekerella by Ashley Poston - Review | Goodreads
This one was so adorable.  It was hard not to love it.  I'm a huge sucker for nerdy/geek characters.  This one was maybe a little cheesy at times but so still sweet.

Favourite Book To Movie Adaptation You Saw This Year
I think the only one that I saw was Beauty and the Beast. lol!  I don't get to go out to the movies too much since we have a 4 year old.

Most Beautiful Book You Bought So Far This Year
I'm not sure if this is asking about the content of the book or about the cover, so I'm going to go with prettiest cover. lol!  Because I love pretty covers.  

What Books Do You Need To Read By The End of The Year
So sooo many! lol! I would like to read more books that I already own on my shelves so I'll list a couple of those. lol!
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts
Simon vs The Home Sapiens
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
Cress by Marissa Meyer
Winter by Marissa Meyer
Heartless by Marissa Meyer
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

22 comments:

  1. Flame in the Mist and Upside of Unrequited are on my July TBR and I'm so excited for both of them. I've read an excerpt of Flame and also Geekerella and loved both of them. I think two books that I am really wanting to read are When Dimple Met Rishi and The Hate U Give.

    Good luck for your reading goals for the second half of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read both When Dimple Met Rishi and The Upside of Unrequited. They both got great reviews and sounds so good! I hope you love Flame in the Mist when you get to read it. I loved it! I need book 2 in my hands right now! lol

      Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. I still haven't seen Beauty and the Beast, but my husband just bought it for me, so we just have to pick a night! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! I hope you love it! I feel like it took me a little while to get into it but I ended up loving it in the end.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love the Lunar Chronicles. I still have Winter to read but I'll be getting to that ASAP and then I can read Heartless too. Ooh I hope you love Simon Vs. That's a favorite of mine! I need The Upside of Unrequited. I'm really loving Santino Hassell as well - I need to get more of his books!

    -Lauren
    p.s. I shared a couple of your reviews here: https://letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com/2017/07/rainbow-roundup-from-vampires-to.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have Cress and Winter to read, and I also own Heartless too. I'm so behind on books that I actually own. lol! Everyone seems to LOVE Simon so I'm really excited about that one. I hope you get to read more from Santino Hassell. I'm loving his books lately

      Thank you so much for the shares on your blog! You are the sweetest <3

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's such a cute, feel-good story

      Delete
  5. Queens of Geek was fun. And Royal Bastards is one I want to read too. Glad to hear that Song of the Current was good since I just won that one. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I ended up really enjoying Song of the Current. It surprised me so much. I hope you end up loving it too

      Delete
  6. You've inspired me to check out Queens of Geek! The MC sounds like someone I could relate to as well. I'm actually currently reading When Dimple Met Rishi right now (I feel so behind on getting to it!), and it's pretty funny. I love the whole arranged marriage angle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh I really hope you do! That was definitely one of my absolute favorites. I'm hoping to pick up Dimple some time soon...if I can ever catch up on ARCs. lol!

      Delete
  7. Queens of Geek was super cute and agree with all Santino love (especially Mature Content!)

    When Dimple Met Rishi was SO cute and sweet.

    P.S. I'm so happy to have found someone who loves so many of the same M/M romances that I do. I really look forward to your reviews!

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always get really excited when I find someone else that loves MM romances too. They are some of my absolute favorites.

      Delete
  8. Great tag!! Queens of Geek is one I need to get to. I hope you love The Upside and When Dimple Met Rishi when you get to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love Queens of Geek when you get a chance to read it. I thought it was so good. I'm really excited about The Upside and Dimple. I am trying to find a way to work them into my reading schedule soon.

      Delete
  9. The only book on your list that I have read is The Flame in the Mist which I also really enjoyed. You are doing great on the year so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Flame in the Mist was super good. I can't wait to see what happens in the next book. They really leave you hanging! lol

      Delete
  10. Oh I am off to check some of these out!
    I finally saw Beauty and the Beast on the plane home from Europe. It was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beauty and the Beast took me a little while to get into but then I ended up really enjoying it. I hope you love the books on my list that you get to check out!

      Delete
  11. I loved Queens of Geek and Flame in the Mist so much as well! And so looking forward to Renegades too. And Beauty and the Beast was indeed an amazing adaptation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renegades sounds like it's going to be so good! I can't wait to scoop that one up! Glad that you enjoyed Queens of Geek and Flame in the Mist too. I can't wait for the second book!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground