Waiting on Wednesday

Wednesday, August 2, 2017


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme where we have the opportunity to let others know about books that we are eagerly waiting for.

Hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Down By Contact
Author: Santino Hassell
Series: The Barons, #2
Genre: MM Romance
Publisher: InterMix
Find It On Goodreads

Releases On: January 16th 2018!

Simeon Boudreaux, the New York Barons’ golden-armed quarterback, is blessed with irresistible New Orleans charm and a face to melt your mama’s heart. He’s universally adored by fans and the media. Coming out as gay in solidarity with his teammate hasn’t harmed his reputation in the least—except for some social media taunting from rival linebacker Adrián Bravo.

Though they were once teammates, Adrián views Simeon as a traitor and the number-one name on the New Jersey Predators’ shit list. When animosity between the two NFL players reaches a boiling point on the field, culminating in a dirty fist fight, they’re both benched for six games and sentenced to joint community service teaching sullen, Brooklyn teens how to play ball.

At first, they can barely stand to be in the same room, but running the camp forces them to shape up. With no choice but to work together, Simeon realizes Adrián is more than his alpha-jerk persona, and Adrián begins to question why he’s always had such strong feelings for the gorgeous QB…


Why I'm Waiting:  I've been Santino Hassell obsessed lately!  I LOVED the Cyberlove series that he co-wrote with Megan Erickson, so I decided to give his series The Community a try.  Now I'm hooked.  I really enjoyed the first book in this series and I can't wait to see Simeon get his HEA.  I loved him in the first book!


What books are you excited about?


22 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy it when you get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've got quite a while to wait. lol!

      Delete
  2. I'll be reading the first book in this series soon and I'm so excited. I've heard nothing but hype! This one sounds so good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love the first book! I thought it was pretty good. This one sounds like it's going to be even better. lol!

      Delete
  3. I loved Illegal Contact so much! I absolutely cannot wait to read Down by Contact. I loved Simeon's appearance in book 1, so book 2 is going to be amazing :D I also loved the Cyberlove series, and I'm starting Santino's Five Boroughs series as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed Illegal Contact but I have a feeling I'm going to love Down by Contact even more. I hope I'm not disappointed. hahaha! I really enjoyed Simeon's character in the first books so I can't wait to get more of that personality. I haven't tried the Five Boroughs series yet but it's definitely another one on my list.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read anything by Santino but his books are so popular so I feel like I will eventually! I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful day, Julie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get to read something from him one day. I really enjoyed the series he co-wrote with Megan Erickson, Cyberlove, but I also love his paranormal series The Community.

      Thanks, Alyssa! Hope you have a great day too!

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of this author before but his books sounds great - any book with a HEA is always a good thing in my eyes! Hope you love this book when you read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I am the same way. I love a great happily ever after. Thanks, Lauren!

      Delete
  6. I feel like I have recently seen this author around A LOT. I need to try one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I hope you do! I've been loving all of his books lately.

      Delete
  7. This one sounds really interesting. I hope you love it when you get a chance to read it :)
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read anything by Santino but I've seen his other books around. I really hope you enjoy this one, Julie!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santino Hassell does seem to be around a lot lately in book blogs. I'm a newer fan of his, so I've been trying to scoop up anything I haven't read of his yet. Thanks, Brittany!

      Delete
  9. I haven't read anything by this author yet but I have seen a lot of great reviews for his work. I hope you love it once you get the chance to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I have been loving Santino Hassell's books lately.

      Delete
  10. I still need to read the first one - but this sounds great. I do love Santino's novels.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you definitely have time to get to that first one if you wanted to because this one doesn't release until Jan. lol! I'm going to be waiting a while. I want to go back and read his Five Boroughs series

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground