Waiting on Wednesday

Wednesday, August 9, 2017


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme where we have the opportunity to let others know about books that we are eagerly waiting for.

Hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Chasing Christmas Eve
Author: Jill Shalvis
Series: Heartbreaker Bay, #4
Genre: MF Romance
Publisher: Avon
Find It On Goodreads

Releases On: September 26th 2017!

Meet cute...

Run for the hills—temporarily. That's Colbie Albright's plan when she flees New York for San Francisco. Wrangling her crazy family by day and writing a bestselling YA fantasy series by night has taken its toll. In short, Colbie's so over it that she's under it. She's also under the waters of a historic San Francisco fountain within an hour of arrival. Fortunately, the guy who fishes Colbie out has her looking forward to Christmas among strangers. But she's pretty sure Spencer Baldwin won't be a stranger for long.

Make merry...

Spence's commitment to hiding from the Ghosts of Relationships Past means he doesn't have to worry about the powerful—okay, crazy hot chemistry—he's got with Colbie. Just because she can laugh at anything, especially herself... just because she's gorgeous and a great listener just because she gets Spence immediately doesn't mean he won't be able to let Colbie go. Does it?

and hope for a miracle.

Now the clock's ticking for Colbie and Spence: Two weeks to cut loose. Two weeks to fall hard. Two weeks to figure out how to make this Christmas last a lifetime.


Why I'm Waiting: Is it too early to start thinking about holiday romances to add to my shelf?? lol!  I love reading holiday romances as it gets closer to Christmas.  It really helps me get excited for all the craziness it will bring.


What books are you waiting for?

18 comments:

  1. Argh the 'C' word! That's the last thing I want to think about in August! I don't celebrate it and spend the whole of December avoiding the shops and the people! (and the Christmas music every shop seems to play!!!) Bah Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha!!! I'm definitely not ready to think about Christmas or cold weather either. I do love stocking up on holiday romances to read right before the holiday tho. I don't do much shopping out either. I shop online so I don't have to deal with the craziness. lol

      Delete
  2. Yes! I am excited for this one too. I liked the last book in the series and Spence was a character I really liked. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the previous one yet but anytime I see a holiday romance I want to get my hands on it. lol Thanks, Grace!

      Delete
  3. It's never too early lol I actually haven't heard of this series before but this one sounds adorable. I love anything Christmas related so I'll have to check it out. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I won't be putting up decorations anytime soon or anything but I like being ready for the holidays with a Kindle full of holiday romances. lol! Thanks, Lauren!

      Delete
  4. I love this series, so I'm excited to read this one! Ha! It's not too early to crave Christmas romances. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too early to start stocking up on holiday romances! lol! I've heard great things about the rest of the series, but I haven't gotten to read any of them yet. I do own one of them, I just need to make time.

      Delete
  5. oh I love Christmas romances as well, but most of the time I prefer to wait until the holidays to read them. So I am looking forward to this one, but I will probably wait until closer to Christmas before picking it up. Jill Shalvis is always a good pick here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm definitely waiting until the holiday season to read it. I like to stock up on a bunch of them and start reading them all right after Thanksgiving to get me in the holiday spirit. lol. I also watch all of the holiday movies on tv. haha! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I've never read this author but I HEAR really good things. And I love holiday-themed reads!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a few by Jill Shalvis and really enjoyed them so I always keep my eye out for her new ones. Holiday romances are perfect for getting into the holiday spirit.

      Delete
  7. I've been starting to get the holiday pitches already lol

    I won't start reading them until September/October though but adding this one to mu list. I love Shalvis.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah, me too! The first one I got was in June and I laughed a little bit. I'm not ready for all the cold weather and decorations yet but I like to get prepared with the holiday romances in advance.

      I usually start reading them some time in November. I try to wait until after Thanksgiving but that doesn't always happen. lol

      Delete
  8. It seems so early to be thinking Christmas but I have already gotten several Christmas themed book requests!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Yeah, I've gotten a few myself too. I don't think I want to ready anything winter related until closer to the holiday tho.

      Delete
  9. Totally new to me but I love the synopsis. Definitely sounds like a good read.
    I hope you enjoy this one when you get a chance to read it.
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm a sucker for holiday romances, and I love Jill Shalvis!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground