Stacking the Shelves & Sunday Post

Saturday, September 9, 2017


I am linking up again this weekend with Tynga at Tynga's Reviews for Stacking the Shelves and Kimberly at Caffeinated Book Reviewer for Sunday Post to share all of the books I picked up lately, share my posts for the past week, and also share what's coming up soon! 

For Review:
Wild Trail by A.M. Arthur

Freebies from Amazon:

Bought:
NONE

Kindle Unlimited:

Life Lately:
This was a pretty crazy week for me.  My daughter started pre-school so I've been having to get used to that.  She says she loves it, but she still seems to get really nervous in the morning before we go.  The first day she locked herself in the bathroom and sulked for a few minutes.  lol!  But when she she came home, she was all excited asking when she could go back so I'm taking that as a good sign.  Only two days in so far, and it seems like it's going well.

My grandma is back in the hospital again.  This is the 2nd or third time this year.  She lives in a different state than me so it kills me that I can't be closer to her to help.  She is on oxygen all the time but she has been sneaking cigarettes, so she is having difficulty breathing (of course).  I've been really stressed about both Paige starting school and if she was going to like it, and also my grandma so I haven't been sleeping well....and I think I'm getting a cold.  Blah...or it could be allergies??  I have no idea, but my sinus' aren't happy.

On a happier note, I finished my Beauty and the Beast painting!  I'm really excited to be sharing it with you all on Friday.  Belle didn't end up looking like Emma Watson but I decided I'm okay with that. lol!  The beast was really difficult.  Can't wait to see what you think.

On a bookish note,  I obviously failed at my book freeze this week. lol.  Ooops!  I probably shouldn't have gotten these books...especially because my reading has slowed way down this week, but I couldn't say no!  I have been having trouble finding time to read lately.  I think it's because most of my time was spend running Paige to and from Pre-K and working on the painting.  I just haven't been motivated.  Hopefully, I can change that this week!

Recently on my blog:
Leo Loves Aries & Scorpio Hates Virgo by Anyta Sunday - Double Review
10 Books I Struggled With (or DNF)
Waiting on Wednesday - Cover Up by L.A. Witt
Truth or Beard by Penny Reid - Review
Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett - Review

Coming up next on my blog:
Blood Guard by Megan Erickson - Review
The Current Between Us by Kindle Alexander - Review
Waiting on Wednesday
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
My Artwork: Beauty and the Beast


Follow Me Here:

What have you read lately?

18 comments:

  1. That week does sound crazy. So sorry to hear about your grandma:( That must be so incredibly painful and frustrating when you can't even be with her.

    I've also had a bad bookish week! Hope next week is better for both of us :)

    Can't wait for your WDMR review!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is really frustrating living so far away and not being able to help.

      I'm really hoping that I'll have a better reading week this week. We'll see how it goes! I hope you have a much better reading week too!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, I hope everything turns out well.
    Great book haul this week though, hopefully finally buying some books made you feel a little bit better, even for a bit. I'm really interested in Wheels Up, this is my first time hearing about it.
    Wishing you luck for the next week :)
    Here is my STS 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Well, I technically didn't buy any. lol! I do have an Amazon gift card that I still need to spend tho. Maybe I will do some retail therapy. I've really been enjoying that Annabeth Albert series so I can't wait to read this one.
      Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, but it's good that your daughter seems to be doing well with pre-k, despite a bit of nerves! Can't wait to see your newest painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She does seem to be really enjoying Pre-K so far. I think her nerves are lessening now too. She wasn't sure about it at first but now she is excited about it.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Glad to hear, though, that you're daughter is enjoying pre-school so far! I think that day of sulking is pretty normal lol Lots of good books this week. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on them! Have a great week, Julie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really appreciate that. My daughter seems to be less nervous about pre-k so I'm excited about that. She always looks really happy when I pick her up so I'm taking that as a good sign. lol. Hope you have a great week too, Lauren!

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear your Grandma is ill. Thats tough when you are far away. But Yay for Paige liking pre school! Thats great! Everyone should love pre school. Its suppose to be fun!
    When I saw that LA Witt book on Netgalley I thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is hard to be so far away from family, especially when something like that happens. Paige was really nervous about it at first but she always seems really happy when I pick her up and ask her how it went.

      Hahaha! Yeah, I can't pass up an L.A. Witt book! lol

      Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  6. Aw glad she is liking school even if she is nervous. Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Can't wait to see your B&B painting! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited to see what everyone thinks of my painting. The beast was really tough to get right! lol Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear about your grandma! That's gotta be tough. Best wishes going forward. And good luck with preschool! Can't wait to see the Beauty & the Beast painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It is hard being so far away, especially when things like this happen. Preschool seems to be going well so far. She still gets a little nervous about it but seems to love it when she's there. Can't wait to see what you think of my painting!

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear about your grandma, I'm sending you and your loved ones lots of positive vibes!

    So far all the blogs I've hopped to have said they are struggling with getting adjusted with the start of school, so I think everything will settle in within the next week or so (hopefully)!

    Thanks for sharing, I hope you have a great week!
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.

      That makes me feel a little bit better actually. lol. I feel like I spend half the morning trying to convince her that she's going to have a great time. lol. But when she comes home she seems so happy and is asking when she can go back. I think she'll get used to it eventually. I know I have to get used to it too. lol My schedule is all messed up.

      Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  9. Oooh! I can't wait to see your Beauty and the Beast painting and I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope she is doing okay.

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I'm excited to see what everyone thinks of my painting. The beast was really tough to get right.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground