Review: Mature Content by Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Title: Mature Content
Authors: Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell
Series: Cyberlove, #4
Genre: MM Romance
Publication Date: June 2nd 2017

My life plan is to be brutally honest all the way to the bank. Don't believe me? I run a popular YouTube channel called TrashyZane, and my claim to fame is oversharing about every aspect of my personal life. Sometimes while tipsy. Not everyone loves my style, but I have a long history of icing out people who can't handle me. I have no time for judgmental foolishness.

Except, apparently, when it comes to Beau Starr. His channel is the polar opposite of mine, and so is he. Wholesome, inspirational, and clean-cut. Everything about him should turn me off, but when we hook up following a confrontation at a convention, my world flips upside down. Not only does Beau Starr turn me on, he uses the exact combination of dirty talk and roughness needed to turn me out.

But we still hate each other. I think.


 

Yesssss!!!   I've been eagerly awaiting this one since I finished the previous book in the series.  I knew I was going to have to read this one right away. I think I have a new favorite from the series (does happy dance)! Whew, I just fangirled a little bit there, sorry.  This is an enemies to lovers romance and it was done so well.  I really loved this one!  I will read just about anything from Megan Erickson but this is my favorite series from her so far.  I just recently started reading more from Santino Hassell and really enjoy his work too.  All of the books in this series can be read as standalones but you do see couples from previous stories, so I think you would get more enjoyment out of reading them in order.  

Beau has a pretty large following of people that tune into his youtube channel to hear him talk about safe-sex practices, answers embarrassing questions that people have about gays, and talks a lot about self love.  People love his perfect image and constant positive attitude.  His family is almost too involved with his life and support his career and also his sexuality.  Zane is pretty much the polar opposite of Beau and his channel.  He treats his channel like a personal journal and overshares about his sex life.  He often films himself when he is super hung over and gives off the attitude that he doesn't care what anyone thinks about him.  Zane has a very tense relationship with his mother and the only one he actually has to support him is his grandmother.

I really loved both of these characters but I loved Zane just a little bit more.  Zane has so much sass and I can't help but love him!  He always comes off as someone who doesn't care about what anyone thinks about him but he has some really great vulnerable moments where you can see the soft side underneath.  The chemistry between these two was absolutely off the charts, and there were some great steamy scenes.  There is some mild kink (blindfold, tied wrists, begging, role play) but it isn't too far into any BDSM scene that would turn some people off, in my opinion.  Since these two start as enemies that have a couple hate sex scenes but they quickly soften towards each other.  I loved "watching" them open up to each other and really feeling when it started heading into the "more" territory.

Beau image isn't as squeaky clean as he would like it to be and he has a few secrets.  In an effort to protect Zane he makes a pretty bone-headed move towards the end, but there is an "epic grovel" so I forgave him pretty quickly. lol!  I really loved that while there was the silly "bone-headed move", they didn't drag it on forever and things were handled/fixed fairly quickly.  I can't stand when things are drawn out when they don't need to be and people can just talk it out.  There wasn't nearly as much angst as the last book, which I loved!

This one is definitely one of my favorites for the year, and I can't wait to pick up the next one in the series.  There are some great secondary characters in this one and I really want to read more about a few of them...ahem, Miguel and Debonair!

Find It Here:

10 comments:

  1. This book sounds so good! I really love enemies to lovers romances so I should definitely read this one sometime. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love this one if you get to check it out! I love everything by this two authors.

      Delete
  2. I had not heard about this one until now! I think it's cool that both characters have their own Youtube channel. I feel like that's not seen too much in books, but I'm sure it would cause some good drama. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh it was sooo gooood! lol! I loved this one the most out of the whole series. The MCs are such complete opposites that it definitely made it interesting. lol! Thanks, Lauren!

      Delete
  3. Gah!!! I LOVED this one! I'm STILL thinking about a month after I finished it.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess!!! So glad you loved this one too! Now I can fan-girl to someone about it! hahaha!! I'm already trying to figure out when I can work in some time to reread it. lol

      Delete
  4. Ooh I'm so happy to see this is a favorite! I read and loved the first book; I just really need to continue with the rest so I can get all caught up.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was definitely my favorite of the series so far! I'm really enjoying this series a lot. There was only one book in the series that I didn't love so much. Hope you get a chance to check out the rest of them

      Delete
  5. I'd heard about this book and I was intrigued (but I've not read the previous ones yet) but now I am really interested in reading. Your review makes it sound so good. Who doesn't love and enemies to lovers and the whole youtube aspect sounds fun. I will be adding this onto the TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get a chance to read it! The whole series is great but I love this one the best so far. I love enemies to lovers romances and this one was done so well.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground