Review: Owning It by Riley Hart & Devon McCormack

Monday, July 24, 2017

Title: Owning It
Authors: Riley Hart & Devon McCormack
Series: Metropolis, #3
Genre: MM Romance
Publication Date: May 26th 2017
Find It Here: Goodreads, Amazon

Just out of an eighteen-year marriage, the last thing Jackson expects the first time he visits a gay bar is for a sexy, drunk twink to mistakenly climb into his Jeep. The twink part he’s good with, the drunk part…not so much. As far as Jackson’s concerned, the boy should come with a warning label. But Derek is not as flighty as Jackson thought…he’s actually pretty incredible. Getting to know the wild, funny man is a breath of fresh air. And when Derek calls him Daddy? Christ, he never thought something like that would feel so right. 

Derek has serious daddy issues, and his name is Jackson. He’s stubborn and controlling…and ever since Derek woke up in the silver fox’s condo, he can’t get Jackson out of his mind. Maybe because no matter how many times he throws himself at him, Jackson doesn’t take the bait. And maybe because Jackson is the one person who sees him for who he really is. But Derek loves a challenge, and he’s eager to rock Jackson’s world. 

Jackson isn’t interested in a meaningless hookup. He wants the real Derek, not just the sassy jokester everyone else sees. But it’s not easy for Derek to open up. He feels much safer guarding his heart. And Jackson needs to figure out the balance between living for himself and the mountain of responsibilities weighing him down. Derek and Jackson must find the common ground between hookup and commitment—if they can’t own their issues and work together to overcome their faults, they could smother the flame between them that’s just beginning to ignite




 Owning It is the third book in the Metropolis series.  Each book can technically be read as standalones, as they deal with a different couple in each story, but I feel as if you would get more enjoyment out of them if you read them in order.  The couples from the previous two books make a lot of appearances and there are a few events that happen in the previous stories that are mentioned in this one.  I've been wanting Derek's book since his character was first introduced!  The first book was a fake relationship romance, the second one was a friends with benefits - to -more story, and this was is an age gap/daddy kink kind of story. lol!

Since this was Derek's story I really thought it was going to be all sex the whole time since he is the really promiscuous one of the group, but this was a slower burn than the rest of them!  Once you do hit the steamy scenes tho it's well worth the wait.  I'm glad that the authors decided to have the two MCs wait for a bit because I felt like it gave them a chance to mean more to each other.  

I really loved both of our main characters.  I didn't think I was going to love Jackson as much as Derek, but I really did.  He won me over pretty fast with his caring personality.  I loved seeing the other side of Derek in this one.  He comes off as the happy go lucky, little whirlwind that's always up for a good time, but we learn that there is much more to him than just his promiscuity.  They are both very different people but they balance each other nicely.  Jackson is used to being a more serious guy that always takes care of other people, and Derek helps him to let go and have some fun some times.  Jackson helps Derek realize his self worth, and I loved every second of it.

I can't wait to read more from these authors.  I have a feeling we may be getting Evan's story sooner or later too??  Wishful thinking maybe? lol!

Find It Here:

10 comments:

  1. This series is new to me but I may need to check it out. Thanks for the heads up on reading it in order. I like when series are companions but sometimes I like to read in order so I don't miss anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah, I'm the some way. Or sometimes I end up starting way late in the series and having to go back and read the earlier ones. lol!

      Delete
  2. Ooookay, I'll try it. lol I didn't love the first book as much as the first and I honestly thought this one was just going to be sex, sex, sex.

    Wasn't Evan the ex of one of the guys??

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah, I thought this one was going to be nothing but sex too but I was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't. It takes a while for them to actually "get together". It's talked about a lot but nothing happens for some time

      And yes, Evan was the guy that the ex left the character in the first book for but you end up feeling bad for him in this one. lol

      Delete
  3. I do really want to read these! All of them sound great.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to eventually! I enjoyed them all!

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of this series before but now I really want to check it out! The difference types of romances they have are some of my faves - especially the friends to something more. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of friends to something more. I'm not usually big on the age gap thing, but this one was pretty good too. Thanks, Lauren!

      Delete
  5. I cracked up reading this synopsis. Daddy - lol!? Hadn't heard of this series but may check it out!
    Jen Ryland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! Yeah, it's a daddy kink type of romance with a big age gap. lol! It's not for everyone but I enjoyed it! Hope you do like it if you get to check it out

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground