Waiting on Wednesday

Wednesday, July 26, 2017


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme where we have the opportunity to let others know about books that we are eagerly waiting for.

Hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Taste the Dark
Author: Tibby Armstrong
Series: The Dark, #2 
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Loveswept
Find It On: Goodreads

Releases On: December 12th 2017!

When something’s worth dying for, one taste is never enough. After a lost soul crosses over, a vampire prince becomes the mentor he needs—and the lover he’s always craved.

Half-human and half-vampire, Akito James just wants to be a hero. But after taking a little initiative in the fight against a dangerous coven, he’s banished for his troubles—and not even his best friends will stand up for him. Tormented by the voices in his head, Akito throws himself into Boston’s Charles River. He awakens to a solitary vigil held by a specter only he can see: a tall, dark, and leather-clad vampire who gives Akito a warm welcome to the shadow realm.

In a city this old, even the dead must be careful at night. No one knows that better than Lyandros Dragoumanos, brother of the War King, doomed to wander the streets of Boston unseen, unheard, and alone—until a spark passes between him and a troubled stranger with shimmering eyes and inky black hair. After witnessing the young man’s suicide, Lyandros seizes a tantalizing opportunity. Akito may just hold the key to his salvation—and his touch promises untold pleasures.


Why I'm waiting:  I read the first book in this series and really loved it.  I hadn't heard of this author before that book but I will definitely be keeping an eye out for more of her books.  Also, who could turn down a romance with action and vampires?!


What books are you excited about?

20 comments:

  1. December seems a long time when you're waiting for a book you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel like a really long time! lol! Especially, because I'm not a patient person at all. haha

      Delete
  2. Mmmm, I'd not heard if this book before! It sounds great and Loveseat really does publish some good ones. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Julie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loveswept does publish some really good ones. I enjoyed the first one so much that I can't wait to get lost in that world again.

      Thanks, Alyssa! Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Right?! lol! I'm always drawn to books that have vampires. I can't say no. And the first book really surprised me

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of this series before, but it sounds good! Anything involving vampires always catches my eye haha Hope you love the book when you get the chance to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too! I've always been fascinated by anything involving vampires. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  5. I always love a good vampire romance!! I haven't read a vampire novel in a while, so I will need to check this author out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend the first book in this series. It was soo good! I wasn't sure if I was going to like it going in but it really surprised me. Hope you get to check it out

      Delete
  6. What a title! I kind of wish the cover looked more like the synopsis with a vampire or darker cover. Anyway, hope you love it!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree. I don't absolutely love the cover either. There are so many covers out there with half naked men on them, they should have made this one stand out a little as because it has vampires. Thanks, Tressa!

      Delete
  7. I can't remember the last time I read a book about vampires. How is that even possible? I actually love vampires!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! It was a really long time since I read a book with a vampire before I picked up the first book in the series. I've always loved anything with vampires (except for maybe Twilight. lol).

      Delete
  8. It's been so long since I've read something with vampires but I do usually enjoy them so I may have to check these out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I've always loved vampire movies and was obsessed with vampire romances years ago, but I just recently started picking them up again.

      Delete
  9. That cover.. and the synopsis. I need to get my hands on this bool.
    Great choice this week :)
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I can't wait for this one!

      Delete
  10. Oooh vamps! I haven't read a book with them in a long time now. I hope this lives up to your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really long time for me to before the first book in this series. I used to really love them but I think I burnt myself out on them for a while and needed a break. lol! I'm really excited to continue this series.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground