Review: Chasing Destiny by Megan Erickson

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Title: Chasing Destiny
Author: Megan Erickson
Series: Silver Tip Pack #2
Genre: Paranormal MM Romance
Publication Date: July 21st 2017

 Some live on memories…

Almost dying during a pack uprising has a way of shaking things up. I’m no longer Mr. Laid Back now that there’s an itch under my skin I can’t scratch.

On a volunteer mission that goes beyond the walls of our compound, we enter the territory of a pack long thought dead, and find ourselves on the business end of their spears.

What I’m not prepared for is what I find within their walls—The one shifter I never thought I’d see alive, the one I’d mourned twice, the one I’d always loved. He is alive, and if I have anything to do with it, he’ll stay that way. But he’s got secrets, and exposing them could lead us to an enemy worse than the bloodthirsty undead shifters wanting to kill us all…



Chasing Destiny is the second book in Megan Erickson's wolf shifter series, Silver Tip Pack.  I would probably recommend reading book #1 first because you first meet both Bay and Nash in that one and I feel like it would give you a better feel for the characters.  Chasing Destiny also starts right where book #1, Daring Fate, left off. Daring Fate was Reece and Dare's story and this one is about Bay (Dare's brother) and Nash.  I was anxious to read this one as soon as I finished the first book.  I couldn't wait for Bay's story.

Bay has never forgotten his first love.  They were childhood friends and sweethearts, who were ripped apart over a decade ago after a horrible attack on their pack resulted in Nash being kidnapped and everyone else believing he was dead. When circumstances bring them together again it's a fight to make his mate realize they are meant to fight any obstacle together, even if that obstacle is themselves.

I absolutely love the way Megan Erickson makes you fall in love with her characters and really care about them.  She does it to me every time.  When we first met Bay in book 1, he was the charming,  funny and the relaxed one of the two brothers.  After all of the chaos towards the end of book 1, Bay is feeling shaken and restless. Mourning his lost love for the second time.  And I really felt for Nash.  He has a lot of secrets and isn't the same person that Bay knew when they were kids.  His past has left him physically and emotionally scarred.  He doesn't feel as if he deserves someone like Bay anymore and tries to keep his distance.  This book was much more angsty than the first one because of the dark secrets that Nash is keeping, and the trauma he endured.

I love a good friends to lovers, second chance love story and when these two decide to give in to their attraction, their chemistry is explosive.  They have some down and dirty scenes together, but the main focus is on the plot and dangers around them.  I do have to admit that the sex scenes did seem a little repetitive after a while tho.

I couldn't put this one down. There were no slow moments and it was full of twists and surprises. I loved this couple and getting both of their points of view in different parts of the story. You can feel their pain, need, and their strong bond, but they were also struggling with surviving their current situations, secrets, and emotional distance. There were a few events I did not see coming at all and some definite nail biting moments. I ended up enjoying the first book just a little more than this one, but I still really did enjoy this one a lot. I can't wait for the next one in the series!

Find It Here:

8 comments:

  1. I love Megan Erickson's writing, but I didn't like the first book of this series. The writing didn't entirely work for me and I thought it was too focused on the sex. Do you think I would have better luck with this one? It sounds so good from your review, and you know I'm a sucker for a good friends to lovers romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, really? I really loved the first one. lol! I guess, thinking back, it was very "sex scene heavy". I know a couple people that did enjoy this one a little more than the first so it may still be worth it to check this one out. I thought the sex scenes in this one were really repeatitive after a while and there is a lot of "cum play", if you are okay with that, then maybe give it a shot. There's still a pretty good amount of sex in there, but I think that tends to be the case with wolf shifter books for some reason. lol!

      Delete
  2. I loved this first book, and I'm so excited that Bay and Nash's story is finally available. I need to get this one ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! I really loved the first one too. I hope you love this one when you get a chance to check it out.

      Delete
  3. I was kind of bummed but I didn't like the first book :-(

    I do think I'm going to give this one a try though and see if it works better for me. I love Erickson so maybe it was just a blip.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the first book too much. I actually really loved it for some reason. lol! I've heard a couple people say that they did like this one more than the first one, so it may work out for you!

      I'm a big fan of Erickson too. I hope you love this one if you decide to give it a shot!

      Delete
  4. See, I've not even heard of this series by Megan Erickson, I've only read contemporary books from her so I do think I need to see what this series is like. I'm always hesitant about reading a different genre from an author. I'm going to go check out reviews now and see what folks thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do decide to check it out, I hope you really love it. I love Megan Erickson. I enjoy almost all of her books that I've gotten a chance to read.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground