Review: Irresistible You by Kate Meader

Friday, August 11, 2017

Title: Irresistible You
Author: Kate Meader
Series: The Chicago Rebels #1
Genre: MF Romance
Publisher: Pocket Star
Publication Date: August 14th 2017

 Hot in Chicago series author Kate Meader returns with her all new, scorching Chicago Rebels hockey series, featuring her signature “steamy sex scenes, colorful characters, and riveting dialogue” (Romantic Times). Three estranged sisters inherit their late father’s failing hockey franchise and are forced to confront a man’s world, their family’s demons, and the battle-hardened ice warriors skating into their hearts.

Harper Chase has just become the most powerful woman in the NHL after the death of her father Clifford Chase, maverick owner of the Chicago Rebels. But the team is a hot mess—underfunded, overweight, and close to tapping out of the league. Hell-bent on turning the luckless franchise around, Harper won’t let anything stand in her way. Not her gender, not her sisters, and especially not a veteran player with an attitude problem, a chip on his shoulder, and a smoldering gaze designed to melt her ice-compacted defenses.

Veteran center Remy “Jinx” DuPre is on the downside of a career that’s seen him win big sponsorships, fans’ hearts, and more than a few notches on his stick. Only one goal has eluded him: the Stanley Cup. Sure, he’s been labeled as the unluckiest guy in the league, but with his recent streak of good play, he knows this is his year. So why the hell is he being shunted off to a failing hockey franchise run by a ball-buster in heels? And is she seriously expecting him to lead her band of misfit losers to a coveted spot in the playoffs?

He’d have a better chance of leading Harper on a merry skate to his bed…


After the death of  her father, Harper Chase and her two estranged sisters inherit the Chicago Rebels. The Chicago Rebels is a hockey team hockey team that isn't doing so well. They came in second to last the previous year, but Harper is determined to change that now that she is in charge.  Harper has always worked really hard to prove to her dad that she could handle the job but her father did nothing but put her down and say she couldn't do it.  Now she wants to prove him wrong.  Harper acquires Remy from another team to try to add a little bit of leadership to the team.  The only problem with her plan is that he is not happy about the trade at all, and wants nothing more than to be on a team that has the possibility of winning the Stanley Cup. He is planning on retiring and wants to go out with a win under his belt.  He knows that the chances of that happening if he's on the Rebel's is very slim, so he makes a deal with Harper: he will help the team but she'll have to trade him in a couple months to a better team. Harper made a strict rule with her sisters that they are not to get involved with any of the players on the team because she wants them to be taken seriously.  With the chemistry sizzling between her and Remy, she's having issues taking her own advice.

I really enjoyed this one a lot.  Kate Meader writes some of the best steamy romances.  I'm always excited to pick up one of her books.  Her Hot in Chicago series is still one of my favorites!  I can't wait to read the rest of the books in this series.  I have a feeling I'm going to love them all.

Remy was absolutely swoon-worthy.  I didn't think I was going to like him at the very beginning of the story, but he ended up being my favorite thing about the book.  He was such a gentleman and had great family values.  That being said, he could also make your head spin with his dirty talk.  I loved the way he pursued Harper.  She was not an easy person to be with but he was patient, and very protective.

Harper was a harder character for me to enjoy.  She was very bossy and didn't seem to think about anything but becoming successful.  The three sisters inherited the team equally but she took over just about everything and that bothered me.  I know that she was on a mission to prove herself, but she came across very cold at times.  She has a lot of emotional baggage from the way her father treated her and also a past abusive relationship, so she closes herself off emotionally.

Harper and Remy had amazing chemistry together.  At first they didn't like each other very much, but they always had the chemistry between them.  They have some pretty sizzling scenes together and some great witty banter throughout the story.  They were such opposites in personality, with Remy being extremely laid back and Harper being really uptight, but they balanced each other out really well.

I really loved getting to know all of the secondary characters in this book as well.  Remy's family was so much fun.  We get to meet quite a few members of the Rebel's hockey team, and I can't wait to read more about them (especially the broody captain!).  We also get to know Harper's sisters better as the story continues and I'm really excited to be getting Isobel's story next.  It looks like it's going to be an enemies to lovers story.  We get to see a little sneak peak at the end of this story.  I really enjoyed seeing Harper, Isobel, and Violet start to open up with each other.  At the beginning of the story they are almost strangers and don't trust each other at all, but they start to share more and come together as a team.  I definitely wand to know more about Violet too, so I hope her story is after Isobel's. lol!  I'm already thinking ahead!


*I received an ARC of this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own. *


Find It Here:

12 comments:

  1. Love your review, and yes he really was the sweetest and sexiest hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And yes, he was! lol

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed this one! Steamy romances are the best ^_^

    Thanks for sharing,
    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely love my steamy romances! lol. As long as the steam doesn't completely overpower the plot.

      Thanks, Brittany!

      Delete
  3. This sounds soooo like something I need to read and soon.

    Jenea's Book Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it if you get a chance to check it out!

      Delete
  4. Damn it! I still have to catch up on her firefighter series and now she has a new one?? lol

    Scotty voice: I'm reading as fast as I can Captain... lol

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha!! I only have one left in her Hot in Chicago series. It's the very first book, go figure. lol!

      I laughed way to hard at the Star Trek reference. I'm such a nerd. lol

      Delete
  5. I'm a sucker for sports romance and this one sounds brilliant. Right up my street. I love that there is a whole lot of chemistry and then there's a certain sense of the forbidden to this romance. I will definitely be buying as soon as possible. this may be a cheeky holiday purchase for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big sucker for sports romances too, especially when they are hockey ones! lol. I hope you end up loving this one when you get to pick it up!

      Delete
  6. oh you gotta love a couple that has great chemistry especially when at first they don't like each other too much. :) This sounds great, and I have had this author on my list for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! I love that, " I sort of hate you, but am irrationally attracted to you" feeling. lol! It's so much fun to read. I love Kate Meader's books. This one is great and I really enjoyed her Hot in Chicago series.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground